Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Pateley Bridge, near Harrogate, is home to the world's oldest sweet shop, cannily named The Oldest Sweet Shop in England, which opened in 1827 and is still selling spice today.

classic33

Leg End Member
There actually IS a safest seating section to sit in

Okay, this is up for debate, but a 2015 study by TIME says that the back of the plane is safest. It found that the seats in the back third of the aircraft had a 32% fatality rate, compared with 39% in the middle third and 38% in the front third.

As for the worst seats? On the aisle in the middle third of the cabin have a 44% fatality rate.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
The late Dave Dee, of Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich, was one of the attending police officers at the road accident which killed Eddy Cochrane and injured Gene Vincent.
Good factoid.
I think i posted it upthread.
I came across it in a book as an aside - can't remember the book.
Edit, you missed out the bit about the future dave dee supposedly being inspired after picking up a guitar from the crash, possibly cochrane's, and playing it back at the police station.

roley poley

Über Member

Okay, this is up for debate, but a 2015 study by TIME says that the back of the plane is safest. It found that the seats in the back third of the aircraft had a 32% fatality rate, compared with 39% in the middle third and 38% in the front third.

As for the worst seats? On the aisle in the middle third of the cabin have a 44% fatality rate.
planes don't back into stuff so sit at the back:okay:

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Hitler's halfnephew was born in liverpool and served in the US navy in WW2.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

So 99% fatality rate on a plane. Not good at all.

Top Bottom