Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well, the various parts of it "may" have been written over the period you state,but the bible wasn't compiled until the Council of Nicea in AD 325. Even then three of the gospels are almost identical, and a fifth gospel that said something completely different was dispensed with.

The Church not telling the truth? Who would ever think that?
TBF it was you that used the word "written".
Surely the "church" wouldn't tell porkies.
Or slaughter you for not accepting their doctrines :wacko:

That assumes that what appears in the bible is exactly what was written down over 300 years earlier.
As I mentioned, three of the gospels are so similar that it is difficult to believe that they were not written by the same person, at the same time. That time being AD325 in order to present a uniform message to the ill informed who didn't have Google to check the facts, and were forced on pain of death to accept what they were told.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition😱

Chris S

Legendary Member
What are the spots? There are four suits and 4 into 365 does not compute.
As usual, Google has the answer:
There aren't 365 spots on a deck of cards. On a standard deck, there are 220 (4×(1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10)) since the face cards do not contain spots. To come up with 365, one would have to assume that the face cards have 11, 12 and 13 spots respectively, plus assume exactly one joker with one spot.

roley poley

Über Member
Contrary to popular belief, thumbs aren’t considered fingers. They are digits, but not fingers and they are responsible for 50 percent of the function of our hands. A lot of work goes into the control of this important opposable digit. In fact, nine individual muscles, all of which are managed by three major hand nerves, control the thumb.
Hrithik roshan the Indian film star has two thumbs on his right hand and calls himself beautifully imperfect

classic33

Leg End Member
There is a Sooty's Magic Circle, which Mr. Corbett started then handed over to the National Children's Homes to help their funds.

classic33

Leg End Member
In both 2012 and 2018, there were 53 Mondays in the year. This occurrence won’t happen again until 2024.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Bit of a morbid one, and maybe actually rather well-known/not obscure.
The birthplace of Winnie The Pooh, Cotchford Farm, Kent, was the same place where Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones died, and by some accounts was murdered.
I must have cycled past it many a time.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bit of a morbid one, and maybe actually rather well-known/not obscure.
The birthplace of Winnie The Pooh, Cotchford Farm, Kent, was the same place where Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones died, and by some accounts was murdered.
I must have cycled past it many a time.
Sadly a mystery we will probably never get the answer to.
As a Stones fan from early 60s Brian Jones was my favourite.
IMO he was murdered......just my gut feelings at the time.
BTW, was Winnie the Pooh murdered or is he still going :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Sadly a mystery we will probably never get the answer to.
As a Stones fan from early 60s Brian Jones was my favourite.
IMO he was murdered......just my gut feelings at the time.
can't answer your questions Dave.
I saw the Winnie the Pooh books as a kid - some pals had them - but never read them - something a bit twee/middle class about them for me to read, but liked what I knew of them in many ways - and the Disney Tigger song is a favourite :smile:
Jones was of course the founder.
I can thoroughly recommend the film
Goodbye Christopher Robin
which was on Film4 over the weekend and triggered these musings.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1653665/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Film not twee at all really - excellent.

Chris S

Legendary Member

Winnie is now running China

index.jpeg

Top Bottom