Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
This woman

jm.jpg

made a record with this bloke.

For folks too young or not culturally aware enough.

Jayne Mansfield and Jimi Hendrix.

Here you are pop pickers, dig those lyrics.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obhj3cqxkUg

Last edited:

CharlesF

Guru
Not sure if this is the right place, anyway here goes:

Hurkle-durkling: 19th-century Scots for lounging in bed long after it’s time to get up.

classic33

Leg End Member
A pandemic-relevant law:
In London, it is illegal for a person (knowingly) with the plague to flag down a taxi or try and ride on a bus. The law prohibits any person who knows that they have a notifiable disease (including the plague) from entering any form of public conveyance (taxi) without first telling the driver.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Another pandemic related fact.
During the great plague of 1665 the Leaders at the time we’re aware of the disease in continental Europe tried to restrict the disease from entering the country by requiring ships to moor in the Thames Estuary in isolation for 40 days.
This 40 day period was known as a Quarantine.
The word comes from Venice and the earlier Black Plague when Venice was trying to keep the disease out.
I could get all political about Johnson and history repeating itself but I can’t be bothered.

This woman

View attachment 603305

made a record with this bloke.

View attachment 603207

For folks too young or not culturally aware enough.

Jayne Mansfield and Jimi Hendrix.

Here you are pop pickers, dig those lyrics.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obhj3cqxkUg

That's a groovy combination.

I was trying to think of a current-day duet that would be equally bonkers... failed .. and then I remembered this, which took me aback at the time:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEmgF2PSPbA

It's actually very good, IMHO!

(it was for charidee, so I guess you expect weird match-ups)

OP
OP
Blue Hills
President Faure of France died in his office/on the job while involved in sexual matters with his mistress.
This I think is pretty much established.

Some reports which went into more detail (no idea if true) said that he was sat at the Presidential desk being fellated by her.
Some other reports (again I have no idea about veracity) said that the woman's hair had to be cut to free her from his grasp.

An interesting character is some ways - at what was effectively the first Paris Motor Show his address to the gathered leaders of the new industry included: "Your cars are very ugly and they smell very bad".

Am somewhat surprised that he isn't better known, though he does have a Paris metro station named after him.
(absolutely no truth in reports that a sign there advises passengers to not stand too close to the platform edge in case they get sucked off)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Have you stroked your weenis today? Most people have two.

classic33

Leg End Member
Your ears never stop hearing even while you’re asleep. You can never “turn off” your ears. However, even though you are hearing while you are asleep, the brain does not process sounds in the same way as it does when you are awake.
Thus, your ears will always hear and process sound regardless of your state, whether you’re conscious or unconscious, your ears never get an hour off!

Your ears never stop hearing even while you’re asleep. You can never “turn off” your ears. However, even though you are hearing while you are asleep, the brain does not process sounds in the same way as it does when you are awake.
Thus, your ears will always hear and process sound regardless of your state, whether you’re conscious or unconscious, your ears never get an hour off!
1628719846426.png

Top Bottom