Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Do you worry about your carbon footprint?
Do you stream your programs?
Do you ever wonder about the carbon footprint of streaming?

Worry no more, The Carbon Trust, with help from some of the companies involved, has come up with a figure for your activities. They calculated that streaming, per hour per device, produces 56g of Co2. For the average person, two hours tv streaming per day, equates to a yearly total of almost 41kg.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
The film Alfie was released in Germany as:

Der Verführer läßt schön grüßen

Google translate tells me that this translates back as:

"The seducer sends his regards"

maybe @Andy in Germany can confirm.

If really true am afraid it confirms my ideas about german shameless waste of letters and words.

I mean even the Hungarians, guardians of possibly europe's most impenetrable language, seem to have at least restrained themselves with:

Alfie - Szívtelen szívtipró

I trust Cilla didn't do a german version.

classic33

Leg End Member
Do you wear? Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

Something to think about the next time you put them on.

The film Alfie was released in Germany as:

Der Verführer läßt schön grüßen

Google translate tells me that this translates back as:

"The seducer sends his regards"

maybe @Andy in Germany can confirm.

If really true am afraid it confirms my ideas about german shameless waste of letters and words.

I'm afraid it is correct according to German Wikipedia.

This is quite common though, watching a British film with German subtitles can be interesting as much is communicated through hints and implication in English and has to be spelled out in German. Sometimes a simple phrase spoken in by the actors ends up being a novel in the subtitles.

I like German, I wish I could speak it.

Arguably you already do; a dialect of it anyway.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Never too late to learn something new.
I had to visit Germany by car twice a year so took a VERY short course.
The basics I learned really helped me out when I was totally lost** in a big city. I understood......over the bridge, through the lights, 2nd turn on the right.
**satnav was a thing of the future back then.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I had to visit Germany by car twice a year so took a VERY short course.
The basics I learned really helped me out when I was totally lost** in a big city. I understood......over the bridge, through the lights, 2nd turn on the right.
**satnav was a thing of the future back then.
Are German speaking Sat Navs cheaper? :unsure: If so that language course fee may have been a winner :thumbsup:

Top Bottom