Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The Mr. PotatoHead toy was intended to be used with real potatoes.

classic33

Leg End Member
In April 1993, the Saw Doctors' keyboard and accordion player Tony Lambert, won IR£852,000 (2017: approx. €1.7 million) when he won the jackpot in the Irish National Lottery's Lotto game. He'd purchased his winning ticket in a local Claregalway shop

The Saw Doctors' song "To Win Just Once" was written and recorded shortly before Lambert hit the Lotto jackpot. It is the only song on the Same Oul' Town album featuring him.

How many words can you think of that contain A E I O U and Y.
Apparently there are 2752 such words.
Darn - I'm stuck on 2750 currently. So frustrating :sad:

(But I do know that Julia Roberts is in a similar category. The woman is nearly perfect.)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Darn - I'm stuck on 2750 currently. So frustrating :sad:

(But I do know that Julia Roberts is in a similar category. The woman is nearly perfect.)
There is a "word" for words that have all A E I O U in......but they must only be in once.
I heard the word on the radio but I cannot recall what it is.
No doubt Classic can find it :rolleyes:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
In the movie Jaws (spoilers if you haven't seen it!!):

1. The mechanical shark was nicknamed Bruce & built by the SFX guru who did the giant squid in 20,000 Leagues under the Sea.
2. Robert Shaw wrote some of the famous 'USS Indianapolis' speech.
3. The famous jump-scare shot of the severed head was filmed in a backyard swimming pool.
4. The stunt woman eaten at the start had to be pulled sideways by technicians with ropes & finally dragged under by...Steven Spielberg.

Top Bottom