Rear bike derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Is there a video on how to put derailleur back on when removed it to fix puncture ?
As I said: "no" (see post #8)
somebody doing a video on here showing how to do it would help a lot
(Apologies for repeating info above.) I suspect no such video exists, mainly because the refixing of this type of RD fastening is rarely required as they're rarely taken off (because you don't need to, to remove the wheel). @Rickshaw Phil 's images are excellent and his and others' subsequent posts have articulated (in words) what to do (btw do not split the chain, even if you knew how and had the tool). If you can't comprehend them, your local bike shop (as @jefmcg and @Broadside have suggested) will likely be able to help, probably on the spot (buy a spare tube while you're there). It will take max 2 minutes. I acknowledge you have to get the bike there somehow - scooting with the RD taped high up? Take the bits and axle nuts with you.

OP
OP
C

Cyclelover1997

Sorry for being a broken record, just would be good someone doing a video cuz I know I'll be able to do it from a video as my learning method is to watch from vids, and if I take it up bike shop they are gonna charge me for fit

Many thanks cyclelover1997

Ajax Bay

Guru
Is there a video on how to put derailleur back on
would be good if someone could do me a video showing how I would do it
somebody doing a video on here showing how to do it would help a lot.
Could anyone do a video with there phone to show me
would be good someone doing a video cuz I know I'll be able to do it from a video as my learning method is to watch from vids
1) You are sounding like a broken record; but credit where credit's due: a determined one (but wasting your time).
2) As @S-Express says, "no offence" but how about applying a bit of practical/intellectual effort to this?
3) Suggest you take the opportunity to widen your learning method range and use @Rickshaw Phil 's excellent posts above.
4) Your LBS (a shop) would probably just show you how it twists to fit, if you go in at a time when they're not busy or clearing up to close, and ask nicely (and maybe buy a spare tube). It will take less than a minute to fit.

S-Express

Sorry for being a broken record, just would be good someone doing a video cuz I know I'll be able to do it from a video as my learning method is to watch from vids, and if I take it up bike shop they are gonna charge me for fit

Many thanks cyclelover1997

I think you are asking too much, I really do. Chances are that your bike will still be in pieces this time next year - and you will still be asking someone for a video. Meanwhile, everyone else will be riding their bikes.

pclay

Veteran
If you removed your rear derailuier in order to fix a puncture, then this suggests you don't know anything about bikes.

There is no need to remove the derailuier.

Take it to a bike shop.

Top Bottom