Rear Facing Action Camera mounted to Pannier Rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm thinking about purchasing an action camera which I will have rear facing for safety. I'm considering this:

71ZVtS8b1vL._SL1500_.jpg

715iMUxkMrL._SL1200_.jpg

2019-01-02-15.jpg

I'm wondering if I can use the handlebar mount on my pannier rack. The diameter of the tubing looks too small for the mount but I could wrap it in electrical insulation tape.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about purchasing an action camera which I will have rear facing for safety. I'm considering this:

View attachment 445308

View attachment 445309

I'm wondering if I can use the handlebar mount on my pannier rack. The diameter of the tubing looks too small for the mount but I could wrap it in electrical insulation tape.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.
An old inner tube?

Slick

Guru
I assume you have already considered the Fly 6 which is already designed for the job and in lots of peoples sale rail now.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Yes of course I researched the Fly6 but I read mixed reviews and I'll be paying extra for the light which I do not require.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
If you can mount it on your seatpost, you will have some of the bike in the rear footage. This helps the Police identify how close a pass is. Its good to have as firm/direct a mount as possible to keep the footage steady.

D

Deleted member 22722

By mounting the camera to the rack there will be a lot of vibration and movement and the footage will be so shaky it'll be almost unusable. I've found a seat rail attachment or attaching to the seat post to be the best options.

Top Bottom