Rear light for seat stay mounting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Anyone recommend me a decent, as in bright in daylight, rear light that includes fittings that allow it to be mounted on the seat stay NOT the seat post, please?

Cycleops

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at the Smart Lunar range, they go on a seat stay

E.g. The R2. Bright, enough for daytime, don't know (only use lights dusk on)

The Moon lights come with fittings which will do that and if not they have a load of spare fittings. The standard RB20 fits on the rear stay of my audax bike. So something like the Comet, which Aldi sold a copy of or a downgraded version, will fit on a seat stay (or front fork) and is bright enough for daylight running. Planet X do a copy too.

Are the current Smarts any more reliable and or waterproof than they were four years ago?
Never had a problem with R2s, and I've got one mounted on a seat stay. Planet X do a similar one for £4.99. Although that says seat post, they also provide a smaller seat stay band, or if you've got an existing Smart one, use that.

GJT

Über Member
Looks like it's a seatpost light unless I want to light up the sky?
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I still think it's ok. Pics below show my old Blinder 4 in same position.

Knog2.jpg

Knog.jpg

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Anyone recommend me a decent, as in bright in daylight, rear light that includes fittings that allow it to be mounted on the seat stay NOT the seat post, please?

Check Aldi to see if they have any of their cob lights in, they're great and have a selection of mounts, all of which have angle adjustment.

Top Bottom