Rear Lights

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Reiver, 10 Aug 2018.

Tags:
  1. Reiver

Reiver Legendary Member

Wanting some super bright rear flashers (often ride at dusk) probably 30-40.

Any recommendations.

2. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

The Poundland rear lights are difficult to beat. ^_^

3. I do like my Moon Nebula, I think it was about £45. Came with a variety of mount options and none of that rubber band nonsense. Good battery life, USB rechargeable and lots of modes. There are videos on their website showing the options.

4. T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T Disc brakes - Stopping things since 1902

C and B seen city slicker or Phaart Bleep from Planet X... I'd have both but I most recently used a FLY6 and a phaart bleep, more light that could ever be needed

fossyant likes this.
  5. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Pro sandbagger

Exposure TraceR. Tiny in size, but packs a big punch with a great pulse mode. Usb rechargeable, quality British engineering and 2 year warranty.... yes, a 2 year warranty :thumbsup:

You can get them for around £30 if you shop about.

6. Drago

Drago Guru

One of the Smart half watt range. Cheap, robust. Anything ridiculously bright starts to become counter productive.

marshmella likes this.
  7. Nibor

Nibor Über Member

The Aldi Moon Nebula copies are really good eye wateringly bright at top setting

8. OP
    OP
    Reiver

Reiver Legendary Member

they are what I have now (i had two but one has died) ......... i think they were £3.50

9. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

New See Sense Ace available for pre-order - £45
    ace_productshots2_2000x.jpg
    UK designed and made, 125 lumen, 35g, adaptive brightness, theft and crash alerts and good customer service from my personal experience.

https://seesense.cc/products/see-sense-ace-rear-light

10. dantheman

dantheman Veteran

Phaart bleep.

Fit 2...

Much better than any I've ever seen in poundland, and as bright as needed great value, bright, if your bright you'll get the bright phaart bleep, it's bright did I mention...

Tape up the seams (advice for any with removable batteries) if you ride in rain.

11. T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T Disc brakes - Stopping things since 1902

I don't think you stated just how bright the phaart bleep is.. (It's bright) :laugh:

12. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

C&B Seen is a great rear light - as are the Aldi metal COB lights, but the brackets aren't great. COB LED lights are good for all round visibility.

T.M.H.N.E.T likes this.
  13. stalagmike

stalagmike I love the smell of wet lube in the morning...

After some shopping around last winter I got one of these. It has a crazy mode which is really good for attracting attention/peeing off drivers if you are in traffic. The 1k is good for if you're riding in country lanes, as it can be seen a long way off. Also has a good sized reflector for added protection. I don't think I paid 40 quid for it but this is the first link I could find.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/lighting/pdw-radbot-1000-1w-led-tail-light/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice