Rear rack bag - advice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Having always ridden MTB's, I will soon be the owner of a Dawes hybrid.
It has a rack fitted and I want a rear rack bag for it, but knowing nothing about these things, I really need some advice! The more I look, the more I seem to confuse myself!

So, here's the criteria:
Price: Around £40 would be ideal
Size: Not too big, up to 7-10 L would be acceptable (if i get bigger I'll only fill it with rubbish, like my handbag!)
Fitting: Once on the bike, it will stay there so carry straps aren't a necessity
Weather proofing: Doesn't matter too much as I can always buy a rain cover, but showerproof would be useful

Thanks in advance!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i use a 12.5L Ortleib front roller on my rear pannier for everyday use... i think they're about £70+ a pair so maybe a bit over budget.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
i use a 12.5L Ortleib front roller on my rear pannier for everyday use... i think they're about £70+ a pair so maybe a bit over budget.
Yeah just a bit...and I don't want panniers, just a rear rack bag (remind me of this next summer, when I may possibly be looking for panniers lol)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I have a topeak one with fold out panniers which slides on. They do a non slidey, non fold out version. I wouldn't be without it

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/topeak-trunk-bag-ex-w-velcro/rp-prod57994

What sort of rack is it?
There's different racks? :wacko: lol

I don't know but it's this bike...

61406_1_SuperSize.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks rather bigger if that's what you want. Get both, return one?

The Topeak one I have isn't even full with purse, glasses, abus lock, sunnies in case, phone, tools, some piece of clothing, a book...

In fact the vaude one has less capacity?! Looks bigger!

Last edited:

Ganymede

Veteran
Do you not fancy a nice pretty one?
Do they exist?! They all seem to be black, unless they are panniers. I do have a greenish clip-on shoulderbag which I have found extremely useful as a briefcase/day bag, but it's pricey - I got it in a sale for a bit less and then suggested my sister pay for it and give it to me for my birthday. The lining is a weirdly bright orange. I live with that.

This one: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/union-34-sleek-shoulder-pannier-bag-medium-25l/

Top Bottom