Rear rack mounted pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
good evening all

I am looking for a pump to fit my rear rack.

The bike itself is a Dawes Horizon and has a rear rack fitted, probably as standard.

The rack has the nipples? To fit a pump. The nipples are 335mm apart but I am having trouble finding something that will fit and was hoping the touring folk here may be able to help.

I can post pictures of the rack, not that they would offer up anything more.

Over to you guy and many thanks in advance

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Reusable cable ties?

I try and keep my pump in the bag. Something else to worry about: dirt and water damage. Theft reasons as well as the fact I like a tidy bike without loads of gubbins everywhere.

OP
OP
uphillstruggler
Thanks for taking the time to reply

The zefal range look good but don't look to have the right nipples, so to speak

The eBay link is the correct type of pump but I would like a newer pump TBH

It's a shame I can't find a Dawes catalogue of the model, it would be good to find the right one.

Cheers for your time

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Reusable cable ties?

I try and keep my pump in the bag. Something else to worry about: dirt and water damage. Theft reasons as well as the fact I like a tidy bike without loads of gubbins everywhere.
I do the same , i have a road morph in my left pannier for the same reasons, i suppose you could always cable tie the bottle cage pump mount to a rack ?

OP
OP
uphillstruggler
I do the same , i have a road morph in my left pannier for the same reasons, i suppose you could always cable tie the bottle cage pump mount to a rack ?

thanks for the reply but im trying to get away from that type of mount. I have a wiggle mini pump that my fit in the saddle pack but it makes the saddle pack massive.

I suppose a pump in the pannier isn't an issue but as the mounts are there, it may be tidier and easier - especially in the wet - than opening the pannier to get the pump out.

ill keep on looking around

gasinayr

Über Member

Top Bottom