Recommend a bottle cage - well two......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

Was just thinking, would shifting the bottle boss positions help? I recall seeing someone making a shift to do it, not sure where I saw it, but a quick google led me to this.

http://problemsolversbike.com/products/accessory-mounts/height_adapter_-_mprob83
It would and funnily enough I found that today myself. It's a big ugly lump of metal though and it would also move the bottle cage forward which might give me different problems so I don't think it's worth taking a chance on.

It's not a biggie, just a nice to have for the two or three rides a year I do where a 2nd bottle would be useful, I think I'll just manage with stopping and filling up.

si_c

Guru
It would and funnily enough I found that today myself. It's a big ugly lump of metal though and it would also move the bottle cage forward which might give me different problems so I don't think it's worth taking a chance on.

It's not a biggie, just a nice to have for the two or three rides a year I do where a 2nd bottle would be useful, I think I'll just manage with stopping and filling up.

Seems like a good plan. I much prefer to stop and have a cold bottle of coke or something than chugging warm bottle flavoured water.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
....It's a big ugly lump of metal though ...
Are we talking about the adaptor or the actual bike?

tenor.gif

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm in the same position (or was) as I have (had) only one cage on the vadermobile. It had the mounts for two but the tubing was so black and so oversized that it would have been tight to move a bottle in and out of the seat-tube cage. If I felt I needed a second bottle I made sure I had a top with decent pockets available and just tucked the 2nd bottle in the back. The water/sports-p1ss would get a bit warm but did the job if I was thirsty. Very much pocket dependent though (ref your wiggle jersey thread). My club top is sh1te but I have an adidas summer top that's made of tights and can take two bottles + pump + inner tube + phone for ambo no problem. My nips show a bit though.

Cronorider

DSCN6756.jpg

I use an XLab cage behind my seat on the TT bike when not racing, as well as an XLab cover for it which has a zippered compartment. It's an extremely tight fitting bottle holder so your bottle will not get launched over a bump. Hope the picture shows up...

Cronorider

Another thought that I had was perhaps you could take your alloy cages to the local metal shop and have them modified to suit.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Have you had a look at the Elite classic cages? Aluminium, and pretty adjustable. And fairly cheap too. I have two on my town bike, purely because my daughter's bike doesn't have bottle cage bosses, and she gets thirsty.

20170820_184925.jpg

Top Bottom