Recommend a Cheap Planet X helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My spesh helmet has inexplicably bust its internal strap. Have two other helmets in other places but need a quick replacement.

Anyone got any experience of any of Planet X's road/general commuting style helmets?

Am prepared to take a risk on sizing - modern helmets adjust a lot, I have a fair idea of my size and, to tell the truth don't think I look particularly good in any helmet. So will settle for the helmet looking decent off my head and fitting well/providing necessary protection.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
or:

anyone got any experience of fit/adjustability with this from wiggle:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r20-road-helmet/

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Yes vic, i read them - the size split does sound good on that, pretty sure the large would fit. Looks like a classier lid than you would get for that sort of money a few years ago.

Other replies welcome.

Had a Planet X lid;not bad for the money but the straps wore pretty quickly;Lazer Helium I bought around the same time is still in regular use.

Also not nearly as comfortable as the Lazer and obviously not in the same league as a Giro Synthe;pays your money/penny and the bun etc, etc,,,

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Thanks for the reply ely - surprised I haven't had more response to this but then perhaps folk think that helmets are so personal they can't give advice. My giro cost maybe £70 or so in a sale but eventually I decided there was nowt special about it - the spesh which mysteriousy cut through its own rear retainer maybe £80 or so. Currently musing over that wiggle dhb which actually looks pretty nice, perhaps as nice as the Spesh.

Got a Bell for around £15 in a sale a while ago and I actually reckon it is nicer than the Giro.

As you can probably tell I believe in shopping around :smile: - though won't stoop to a Lidl - they do always seem like "lids". Would rather put a quality street tin on my head.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Hills
Update on update.

It's fine, rather nice in fact. Good adjustment system.

The straps actually feel nicer than on the substantially more expensive spesh one and it even has a nice velcro linked sheath to cover the loose ends of the straps.

Recommended - and definitely for £25.

Top Bottom