Recommend me a 10-speed chain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My chain of choice... for what it's worth.
Far better & longer lasting then Shimano's.

potsy

Rambler
My CX bike came with a Shimano chain fitted as standard, will replace with a KMC one when needed.
What sort of mileage for a 10 speed?
My 9 speed I change around 2000 miles.

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
Thanks people. Have around 2500 miles on (first) cassette/chain on my Ribble and I have serious difficulty coming to terms with ther fact that the cassette also needs to be replaced. It looks fine to me.

zizou

Veteran
KMC for me. Their missing link is very useful although some of the other companies offer a similar feature.

They make shimano chains too

Noodley

KMC

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Thanks people. Have around 2500 miles on (first) cassette/chain on my Ribble and I have serious difficulty coming to terms with ther fact that the cassette also needs to be replaced. It looks fine to me.
If you use most of your gears and the chain hasn't really stretched, the cassette might be ok. You could try changing the chain first to see if you're in luck - if it skips, it's new cassette time.

Oh, and I'm another KMC fan!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
KMC DX10SC on my bike. You can get them for about £20 online. It has just over 0.5% elongation after 4000 miles, but I don't exactly push it. Thanks for the reminder that I ought to get a new one soon.

BTW, the quick link that usually comes with the chain is blooming fantastic and can be reused many times.

Top Bottom