Recommend me a dog scarer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Y
People get very 'oh it wouldn't hurt a fly' with their animals, so law changes have been very difficult. The hoohah about Pitbull type dogs being one. It's not the animal's fault though. It's the stupid owner who hasn't trained it properly.
es, that’s why new laws pointed at owners avoids good dog bad dog debates, ten foot fence
around your dogs enclosure, 1000.00 pound fine if your dog chases or attacks, that will really
incentify owners to keep them on a lead, on top of having to pay all costs incurred by the victim.
Second offence, no more animals allowed, as you have shown you can’t
keep them under control.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Y

es, that’s why new laws pointed at owners avoids good dog bad dog debates, ten foot fence
around your dogs enclosure, 1000.00 pound fine if your dog chases or attacks, that will really
incentify owners to keep them on a lead, on top of having to pay all costs incurred by the victim.
Second offence, no more animals allowed, as you have shown you can’t
keep them under control.
Yes because we know Draconian measures work, look how it's stopped cars on the road without MOT, Insurance & VED

Yes because we know Draconian measures work, look how it's stopped cars on the road without MOT, Insurance & VED
The driving situation would be very easy to stop now with technology,
simply chip the cars to include a status search for tax insurance and mot,
log the end dates and the chip in the car locks it from starting when one is
out of date.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
LOL, 10ft fence around all properties who have dogs, I take it you're a Cat person, would you also support a law that stated any cat crapping in anybody else's garden would get a £1k fine?
Cat owners who let their cats crap in other people's gardens should be stripped of citizenship, have their children sold into bondage, be fined £10000 pounds and be deported to Antarctica.
Second offences would receive a harsh punishment........

LOL, 10ft fence around all properties who have dogs, I take it you're a Cat person, would you also support a law that stated any cat crapping in anybody else's garden would get a £1k fine?
No need worry about cat attacks, not many cats as heavy as a person, we can manage
to fend them off.
That’s not a bad idea, fines for cat dumping on you lawn, only fair if you like cat crap
that you keep it on your own property.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mu cousin has a farm- they used to keep ex-police dogs [usually alsatians] as guard dogs... when they start circling and growling quietly they are at their most dangerous- a firm but not shouted command to 'Stop!' and then 'Stay!' used to work coupled with a flat palm pushed out towards the dog tended to stop them but this only works if they are trained!

An aggressive dog shouldn't be free. I got freaked out by a boxer loose in a field which did the same as the dog that bit you- had the owner not rushed up and stopped it, I don't know what would've happened as it didn't respond to commands.

Last edited:
Mu cousin has a farm- they used to keep ex-police dogs [usually alsatians as guard dogs= when they start circling and growling quietly they are at their most dangerous- a loud command to 'Stop!' and then 'Stay!' used to work coupled with a flat palm pushed out towards the dog tended to stop them but this only works if they are trained!

An aggressive dog shouldn't be free. I got freaked out by a boxer loose in a field which did the same as the dog that bit you- had the owner not rushed up and stopped it, I don't know what would've happened as it didn't respond to commands.
Exactly why that dog should not be allowed in public, and that dog owner fined and made pay
your expenses. Until this happens nothing will change, attacks will keep happening,
and as you said, if the owner was not there, who knows if you would be here today.

DRM

Guru
We not allowed guns, but fair comment, at least they left a means to protect the sheep,
people having less protection than a sheep sure sucks.
Exactly, this a dog should be under control at all times, we used to have a dog and thought the world of her, however I didn’t expect everyone else to.

Exactly, this a dog should be under control at all times, we used to have a dog and thought the world of her, however I didn’t expect everyone else to.
Same here, have had many dogs, never any trouble with them, they were amongst the horses
and no snapping chasing barking mad or lunging, most dogs have no life, and they can’t cope with
the excitement of being out when they get out, my view is if you are not equipped to give an animal
a good home, good education and time to spend with them, then don’t get one, and if you have a bad one
send it to doggy heaven.

D

Deleted member 26715

my view is if you are not equipped to give an animal
a good home, good education and time to spend with them, then don’t get one, and if you have a bad one
send it to doggy heaven.
There are very few bad dogs, unfortunately there are a lot of bad dog owners, it should not be a right

There are very few bad dogs, unfortunately there are a lot of bad dog owners, it should not be a right
If you mean a right to keep dogs, I agree, give any number of people a pup
from the same litter and follow the life provided, training / education provided,
the facilities and interactions between pups and owners, and you will find it
is the owners that screw up the dogs, hence my views on ten foot fencing
and severe penalties.

Smudge

Veteran
It’s a growing problem, wild dogs attacking back packers, and even in towns after dark, in the US.
I had to give up walking because of badgers, I used to walk in the Forrest after dark, until they
started, would be easy enough to take along some weapon to defeat them,
but I would then have to fight the animal rights mob, so gave up.

This past few years where I live, it’s impossible to get to sleep with dogs barking,
their owners never go out to them, one starts it, and for miles around they all join in.
Am actually looking into finding somewhere else to live, it is unbearable, every night
non stop, talk to their owners, well given they never seem to hear their dogs or go out
to them, they are not going to be interested in listening to me, I live in the countryside,
and never witnessed the likes, there is not one evening or night I could sit in the garden
in peace, there’s never a silence, the dogs are even barking as I type.

Badgers ?

Top Bottom