Recommend me a dog scarer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Same here, have had many dogs, never any trouble with them, they were amongst the horses
and no snapping chasing barking mad or lunging, most dogs have no life, and they can’t cope with
the excitement of being out when they get out, my view is if you are not equipped to give an animal
a good home, good education and time to spend with them, then don’t get one, and if you have a bad one
send it to doggy heaven.
That is correct, as I said we had a dog, but we would like another, however as things stand at home both me & Mrs DRM work full time, I never know what time I will get home, we have limited time to walk a a dog, so it would be very wrong to have a dog at this point in our lives, too many people think it's a great idea to have a dog, at least at first till the reality of it dawns on them, cue another neglected dog.

Smudge

Veteran
I have one of those vicious dog Staffies, I get people picking their kids up, or picking their smaller dogs up when i'm walking him in my local park.
The other day a West Highland Terrier went for him and he tried to disappear up his own aresehole.
Its really embarrassing, how can i make him attack people/things/other dogs and be a proper Staffy ?

DRM

Guru
I have one of those vicious dog Staffies, I get people picking their kids up, or picking their smaller dogs up when i'm walking him in my local park.
The other day a West Highland Terrier went for him and he tried to disappear up his own aresehole.
Its really embarrassing, how can i make him attack people/things/other dogs and be a proper Staffy ?
You can't if it's anything like a mates staffy, it would only viciously attack bacon butties!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
IME in the overwhelming majority of cases it is down to the owners.
My parents used to have boarding kennels and one quickly learned to recognise dog traits while they were boarding. They could also often be seen in how the owners/dogs reacted with one another when reunited at the end of the stay.
Child 2 also quickly picked this up earlier this year when, as part of her college course, she did the thick end of 100 hours work experience at a dog training school, which ran classes from newly acquired puppies, to aggressive groups where joining was conditional on being referred by a vet.

That is correct, as I said we had a dog, but we would like another, however as things stand at home both me & Mrs DRM work full time, I never know what time I will get home, we have limited time to walk a a dog, so it would be very wrong to have a dog at this point in our lives, too many people think it's a great idea to have a dog, at least at first till the reality of it dawns on them, cue another neglected dog.
You see, your a thinker and can foresee the obvious, my sister had five dogs,
she managed to ruin them all, one had a brain tumor though, oddly enough it
only sparred with the family members I don’t get on with, it was a lovely boxer.

I for some reason get on with animals, can be through them and they don’t get bothered,
but as soon as my father or his brother turn up the cattle can get over 6 ft walls spinning
to get out of their way, I had a horse that tried to flatten them too, yet it would play
around like a dog with me, couldn’t use a phone without the horse listening in with his head
on my shoulder, that badger though got me going, it was too dark to see it properly so I
went back next day, feathers everywhere, so I guess I interrupted his dinner.

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Don't use Fecesbook, but can you put messages into a group that he's a member warning other people about loose dangerous dogs on a farm nearby?
I'm not going down the social media war route.
The police asked what I wanted to happen, the options effectively being 'have a word' and 'official caution'. They won't take it to court, and I agree with that - minor injury, no impartial witnesses, I doubt it would succeed. But when I mentioned training sheepdogs, the chap did say that if that was the case, there might be other things to be looked/checked into such as various licences. I'm not sure what they are, but it does sound as if the police have some power to make him treat the complaint seriously and ensure his dogs are under control in future.
However we haven't reached that stage yet.
101 call on Sunday to Dyfed Powys police (the local authority)
Call from a bobby at Camarthen on Tuesday, which seems to be a central location for processing this kind of thing. He said he will be forwarding all the details to the local police at Rhayader. If I want to go as far as the official caution, I'll need to make a formal statement.

D

Deleted member 26715

He said he will be forwarding all the details to the local police at Rhayader.
Set the Red Kites on them, oops the dogs no the Police

D

Deleted member 26715

We saw quite a lot of red kites - lovely!
I suspect those dogs were a little too big for a red kite, though.
Completely off topic, but have you been to the farm that feeds the Kites, it's amazing to see 3-400 together, only 1/2 mile from Rhayader centre

Top Bottom