Recommend me an undercarriage lube..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I didn’t bother on the Fred Whitton & after Hardknott I could barley pedal with the soreness.
I may try the barrier cream we use at work next time.

contadino

Veteran
Assos Chamois Creme. Not having been in the saddle for a while, I was expecting a bit of a battering down there. Found a tub in the cupboard and it's made me a much more chipper chap.

Assos Chamois Creme. Not having been in the saddle for a while, I was expecting a bit of a battering down there. Found a tub in the cupboard and it's made me a much more chipper chap.
I know of someone who had a nasty outbreak of something. Turned out it was a reaction to that cream.
Must admit this thread makes me feel very lucky as never had any issues at all.
And often don't use any padding. Usually not on anything up to 50K.
Not sure why my experience is different.

fatjel

Veteran
"Morgan Blue Solid Chamois Cream " Around 250k in on my first 300k ride I was past the point of being able to sit on the saddle.
I was kindly given a bit of this and felt much better.
Have used it ever since on longer rides

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have always gone with Sudocream, I know it is for healing purposes, but I work on the premise that if I get any sores whilst riding, the cream not only lubes, but starts the healing process whilst riding. A double whammy.^_^

Hello vera.

bladderhead

Any manufacturer of recumbents could make a great advert by just linking to this thread.

Years ago I had a vintage Claud Butler that was made before the company was sold. It had a Brooks suede saddle. Comfortable, no problem with the clangers, but one day, 20 miles from home, the bolt that held it on broke. I rode all the way home standing up on the pedals.

Dogtrousers said:
Duckworth?
Duckhams.

Top Bottom