Recovery from general anaesthetic.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I tend to wake up quite quickly & am keen to get some food in me.

Everyone is different tho, don't preconceive how you will react as you may well worry yourself if you then don't.

I don't know why it bothers me or what other people think about it, but the thing that gets at me with GA is the instantaneous sleep/wake moment for me but hours passing for everyone else.

Cubist

Still wavin'
When I had my leg mended I was under for quite a while. I spent a fortnight in hospital waiting until I could go home. As I was being wheeled to the exit the porter asked if I was going to hit him today? Puzzled, I looked up and saw he had colourful black eye, mostly faded now. Apparently as he was bringing me out of the theatre I sat up and sparked him.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hope it all goes well. GWS.

For the record, I don't do well with a GA. I come round fine but feel hung-over for a good 48 hours afterwards. One of those things but it's quite rare to feel like I do for 48 hours. 12 hours of feeling a bit groggy is the norm, I'm told.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
After being head butted by a local ne'er-do-well...
Where was that Betty? You're a little too 'local'!
I have to be admitted to hospital in a few hours to get my fractured zygomatic arch fixed...
How is the 'repair' being done? Wires/pins?

The general anaesthetic isn't what will keep you off the bike, it is the recovery from surgery & the 'advice' from the surgeon (and whether you take it).

I suppose I felt back to 'normal' within 12 hours of coming round from general anaesthetic but it was at least 2 weeks before I got back on the bike. But my surgery was to my nether regions and sitting on a saddle was not at the top of my 'to do' list.
I want to be back on my bike asap :bicycle:
Thank you.
Of course. That goes without saying.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

midlife

Guru
Best of luck, uncomplicated fractured zygoma is by a Gillies lift so a short GA with quick recovery. Hopefully may not need screwing together with plates. Ask them if they can make you a mask to protect the site.

They will shave one side of your head and hopefully hide the scar in your hairline :smile:

Shaun

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've not had a general anaesthetic but just sedation. I did ride the following day but I found that my decision making was a bit wobbly and I was not my normal self even though I'd thought I was fine when I woke the day following the procedure. I'd take it easy, I hope it all goes well!

lesley_x

Über Member
Had a general anaesthetic 3 weeks ago, nothing to write home about. Quite pleasant going under and when I woke up I felt lucid pretty quickly. Just tired. Honestly nothing to worry about!

Top Bottom