Recovery from general anaesthetic.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Where was that Betty? You're a little too 'local'!

How is the 'repair' being done? Wires/pins?

The general anaesthetic isn't what will keep you off the bike, it is the recovery from surgery & the 'advice' from the surgeon (and whether you take it).

I suppose I felt back to 'normal' within 12 hours of coming round from general anaesthetic but it was at least 2 weeks before I got back on the bike. But my surgery was to my nether regions and sitting on a saddle was not at the top of my 'to do' list.

Of course. That goes without saying.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Kennet and Avon canal towpath, West Berkshire/

vickster

Legendary Member
If they are giving you opiate derivative painkillers for post-operative pain (eg Tramadol), you may get fairly constipated. If so, treat laxatives with great respect! I know this having spent 12 hours sitting on an NHS lavatory pan with terrible quakings in my tripes. A low point in my life...:sad:
How many did you take? :ohmy:

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
If they are giving you opiate derivative painkillers for post-operative pain (eg Tramadol), you may get fairly constipated. If so, treat laxatives with great respect! I know this having spent 12 hours sitting on an NHS lavatory pan with terrible quakings in my tripes. A low point in my life...:sad:

That sounds ghastly.
Happily I am pain-free. They gave me some codeine and paracetamol just in case.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
How many did you take? :ohmy:
I was in a post-op ward and asked a nurse for a small dose. Nothing much happened. A few hours later I asked for some more......and she hit me with both barrels......

I have no idea what the dose was, but it certainly had an utterly devastating effect!

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Good luck @betty swollocks

...will the compensation eventually be bike shaped?
While this might well not be in your contemplation, after all the perpetrator getting his 'vacation' at Her Majesty's pleasure is what is due, it is seriously worth considering pursuing a claim via the CICA (Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority) - https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/criminal-injuries-compensation-authority. I've had enquiries for a lot less than you have been through.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Newbury, or further west?

Glad to see that all appears to be well post-surgery. Back on the bike yet?

Newbury.
I want to go on bike today, but won't.
Just being sensible and listening (for once!) to advice from hospital and friends.
And thank you for the CICA link.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
They get people in and out same day for generals these days. The last one I had made me feel awful. Puked twice in the car park, slept for 12 hours, was OK.

2 in a week. First one was for elective surgery and woke up as though nothing happened.
Following week i managed to bet a lump of meat stuck in my esophagus (sp) and had to wait 14 hrs for op.
Woke up rather grumpy and disorientated but was fine 30 mins later.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Just to update you all:-
My assailant went to jail for 18 months. I attended his trial at Reading Crown Court. It was very satisfying seeing the little bastard getting sent down.
The police were examplary in gathering the necessary evidence and kept me apprised all along the way.
I am fully recovered from my operation and was awarded £1,000 by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
That money had gone towards one of these.
Should be getting it any day ^_^
Every cloud.........

classic33

Leg End Member
My assailant went to jail for 18 months. I attended his trial at Reading Crown Court. It was very satisfying seeing the little bastard getting sent down.
The police were examplary in gathering the necessary evidence and kept me apprised all along the way.
I am fully recovered from my operation and was awarded £1,000 by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
Every cloud.........
Which was worth more, on finding out.
The sentence or the compensation?

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Good result. Though 18 months probably means 9.

CICA 'compensation' really does need to be reviewed. At least a) you're fixed, and b) the money is going to something nice. I might just see it out & about the area sometime.

Mrs M

Guru
Every cloud.........
Good result :smile:
Well done to the Police for bringing the little ned to justice.
Sorry you had to go through this but hope you enjoy the new bike, it's lovely :bicycle:

Top Bottom