Recovery what do you take if any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Steak.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Milk. It's specially designed by mother nature to build and fuel bodies quickly.
It's really cheap, in fact too cheap.
It contains other beneficial nutrients for recovery that no sport product will contain.
And that's all you need to know.

Blurb

Über Member
Can I ask why, I do a lot of exercise but have never used a recovery drink or meal. So what would I expect to get from using them.
All in one supplement including creatine. Has all the ingredients allegedly to help me recover and tastes nice in the right flavour.
Probably a bit of marketing influencing me too, but it makes me feel better.
I'm on the wrong(?) side of 50 so every little bit helps, and psychological is part of it.

Tin Pot

Guru
Been doing my daily commute now for last couple of months just started to take a recovery sis rapid and made my evening route much faster which is more hills just wanting to know what anyone else takes for recovery

I used to ride 50km to work and 50km back two or three times a week. It took me a few months to realise that I didn't need to eat more before, during or after. Just eat proper food at meal times, and make sure you don't skip in favour of sugary snacks.

damj

2 pints of water. Leave a pint glass in a prominent place. Sip until dry. Marvellous for preventing cramps

screenman

Legendary Member
All in one supplement including creatine. Has all the ingredients allegedly to help me recover and tastes nice in the right flavour.
Probably a bit of marketing influencing me too, but it makes me feel better.
I'm on the wrong(?) side of 50 so every little bit helps, and psychological is part of it.

I am the wrong side of 61, swim, gym and cycle.

Last edited:
I used to ride 50km to work and 50km back two or three times a week. It took me a few months to realise that I didn't need to eat more before, during or after. Just eat proper food at meal times, and make sure you don't skip in favour of sugary snacks.

Likewise. I can do this 3 times a week. water in a bottle on the way in, 2 scrambled eggs on toast, decent lunch, squash on the way home, just because i like squash and dinner when I get there.
I don't hang around either. The only time I use a gel or recovery thing is either a long ride, for me 50 mile or more, or something like the Velothon where I am trying to get a good time. not racing, just trying to be as fast as I can.

Top Bottom