Recycle whilst we ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not getting a lot of cycling done at the mo, but that will increase, so yes, I'm in. Picking up 1 item isn't going to be difficult.

Picking up the odd bit of litter as you travel about is an excellent thing to be doing. Well done you.

Thats what i thought , there are enough soft drink tins and bottles lying in or around the kerbs on most roads

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
For some reason I do it furtively, like I'm slightly embarrassd by it. I suppose it does mark you out as 'different'. Most folk just don't seem to care. And yet a former neighbour stood on his doorstep as I walked past and picked up something...he remarked...
'Dunno why you're othering Col, it'll be the same tomorrow'.
I replied...
'I know...and I'll pick it up tomorrow as well, I refuse to live in a tip'

I do too to be honest, but my desire for the scum not to win, overcomes any embarrassment for me.
This'll make you smile. Last week i saw a neighbour having a set to with the bloke who owns a gym up the road. There's a grass verge near it,which those out the gym use as a dumping ground for their "power aid" drinks bottles and those brown McDonalds bags. There must've been about 100 plastic bottles on this small piece of land. The neighbour said the gym owner told him to piss off,as it wasn't him dropping the bottles. I suggested to the neighbour that it was pointless arguing with the aggressive owner about it. Instead he should contact the council. Only about 3 days later i walked past the land to see all the rubbish had gone. A bloke who uses the gym told me that the owner had put a sign up in there,asking/telling his clients/customers not to dump their rubbish on the land or anywhere else outside the gym. So well done to the council or whoever it was who got this mess cleaned up!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Here's today's collection
2018-04-05 13.31.26.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
On my commute home from work last night i stopped and picked up a discarded plastic drinks bottle and was just about set of again under the watchful eye of an elderly lady who said "why are you picking that up you didn't drop it " so i explained to her why , her response was " i would do the same but if i bent over i would never get back up " and off she plodded saying " well done " as she went

On my way back from my ride yesterday I stopped and picked up a metal drinks can. It was only one, but one less now .
I had never heard of Captain Morgan Cola before !
What I did notice is that somebody is fly tipping household waste in black plastic bags ! It is no wonder there is so much litter around .

classic33

Leg End Member
That will never fit on my rear rack.....

View attachment 403163
article-1358359-0D40C3A8000005DC-581_468x333.jpg

Top Bottom