Recycle whilst we ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
That will never fit on my rear rack.....

View attachment 403163

You can report fly-tipping on the FixMyStreet website. They'll send the report to the relevant council.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
On my daily commute its amazing what some households just throw over there rear fence and the n forget about it til the council eventually come along and tidy up or the local 's smash it all up and throw it every where

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Whilst out road testing my latest arrival this morning i used some footpaths and roads i dont use very often and couldn't believe the amount of rubbish lying around i was tempted to hook a green bin to the back of the bike and collect some of it up , but settled for a couple of " energy " drink cans

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Whilst out road testing my latest arrival this morning i used some footpaths and roads i dont use very often and couldn't believe the amount of rubbish lying around i was tempted to hook a green bin to the back of the bike and collect some of it up , but settled for a couple of " energy " drink cans

Yes, indeed. I have taken part in a few “Community Litter Picks”, in the area where I live. Amazing amount of rubbish collected in half a day. Who are the dirty low-life’s who just throw their litter down?

KneesUp

Guru
[QUOTE 5209744, member: 9609"]

[/QUOTE]
I'm sure I've seen that video somewhere before ...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/recycle-whilst-we-ride.232390/post-5205611

lane

Veteran
I can tell you that some schools employ staff to pick up litter thrown away by the pupils rather than put in the bins provided. Some schools have loads of litter to be collected after every breaktime. If the pupils are used to acting like this at school and then having someone pick up after them it dosn't bode well.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
[QUOTE 5209909, member: 43827"]A ride I occasionally do from my sister's house in Merthyr. I don't think that bringing home the odd plastic container is going to make much difference there. This route was used in the Tour of Britain a few years back.

Our local council has just closed the recycling centre on the north of our city on money costs, and selling the land for development. Promises, when this was first mooted, to build a replacement, and which reduced the opposition, were reneged on and I foresee a lot more of this happening.

View attachment 403764 [/QUOTE]

That's crazy

i was back on the commuting along cycle paths today as off last week , and i couldn't believe how many of these i saw this morning

bott.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm gonna give this a go. I'm fortunate to cycle a lot in the Peak District National Park. To be fair, there isn't much litter. But what there is stands out like a sore thumb. Usually someone has chucked a can put of a moving car for example

So I'll carry a little plastic bag and put a piece of litter in it on each ride and stick it in the bin when I get hime

It won't make a big difference. But at least I'm doing something instead of just moaning about it

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm gonna give this a go. I'm fortunate to cycle a lot in the Peak District National Park. To be fair, there isn't much litter. But what there is stands out like a sore thumb. Usually someone has chucked a can put of a moving car for example

So I'll carry a little plastic bag and put a piece of litter in it on each ride and stick it in the bin when I get hime

It won't make a big difference. But at least I'm doing something instead of just moaning about it

that's the spirit

Top Bottom