Red flags with people?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I once knew someone who would eat stuff while going round a supermarket
She would just pick up pork pie - eat it as she went round and then just put the empty wrapper on a random shelf

I ended up picking the wrapper up and insisting it was scanned through anyway

she used to go mad because "They can;t do anything so they can't stop you!!!!!!"

she had more ref flags that the the AGM of the Chinese Communist Party
A mates Dad used to do things like this all the time. I wasn't surprized when he went to prison for swindling a pensioner out of their life savings years later.

yello

so shouted "stop bickering!" There was a long silence, and I realised I might have said the wrong thing when the chap put his head round the door, and with an evil grin on his face said "but we like bickering". We all laughed so all was well

Sounds like a scene from 'A Taste of Honey' where " Oh shut up, we enjoy it" was the response to a similar request (There used to be a yt clip of the scene but I can't find it now. You could certainly do worse than watch the whole move to see it!)

OP
OP
Blue Hills
With women I'd say women who seem to be very anti certain women, even if they try to dress this anti-ness* up as political/gender-issues or whatever .

* apologies if not a word.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
It's usually just transphobia, plain and simple
don't agree, however live/fashionable the trans issue might more recently be.
have known a fair few women who seemed to be somewhat negative about other women way before the very recent trans issue was even dreamt of. And however this certain negativity might be dressed up with political gender/politics issues.
Sometimes things are simpler than current woke trends.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
don't agree, however live/fashionable the trans issue might more recently be.
have known a fair few women who seemed to be somewhat negative about other women way before the very recent trans issue was even dreamt of. And however this certain negativity might be dressed up with political gender/politics issues.
Sometimes things are simpler than current woke trends.
I will happily concede that I read too much into your use of "certain" but also hold the point ;)

With women I'd say women who seem to be very anti certain women, even if they try to dress this anti-ness* up as political/gender-issues or whatever .

* apologies if not a word.
Women can be VERY judgemental about other women especially if they do not conform to certain standards
I taught in a secondary school one that had been an Independent school until quite recently - as a result the teachers there were mostly of the type that teach only in Independent school and would not dream of teaching in a normal school.
But this point quite a bit of the school was made up of gitls (girls only school) from - lets say 'lower on the social scale" - than they were used to - some came from a well know seaside town
Their criticism of the mothers could be terrible! - and VERY misogynistic.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Women can be VERY judgemental about other women especially if they do not conform to certain standards
I taught in a secondary school one that had been an Independent school until quite recently - as a result the teachers there were mostly of the type that teach only in Independent school and would not dream of teaching in a normal school.
But this point quite a bit of the school was made up of gitls (girls only school) from - lets say 'lower on the social scale" - than they were used to - some came from a well know seaside town
Their criticism of the mothers could be terrible! - and VERY misogynistic.
have sometimes in the past tried to defuse* this/such comments with a jokey "bitch/bitch/bitch" comment, though * in retrospect as a bloke should very probably have taken more note of it.

(as in, first they they came for the women, then they came for you :smile: )

Top Bottom