Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 112 59.3%
  • bring back hanging

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
By the way I'm not looking to score points there, I'm just trying to squeeze some amusement from the latest RLJ saga, its like George Lucas pops up every so often to remake RLJ threads in a slightly different way to the last time.....
Let the Wookie win

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
@Mr Paul. Yes I would rather visit a dignitas facility.

Unless you take no medication, use no cleaning products, no soaps, shampoos, don't wear any leather or wool, are a true vegan and don't give your "rescued" animals any medication (which could be argued constitutes cruelty in itself if they are sick) you really don't have a leg to stand on mate.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Is it ok for me to go through red lights if I switch on my flashing red light and have one mounted on the front as well. And if I ding my bell as well to let people know I'm comming through.:whistle:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
This is a whole different avenue and probably deserves a place in the Crank Arms rather than commuting.

Re: Red Light jumping

If it was 2 o'clock in the morning, no one was around,I could see clearly at all junctions and there were no rozzers around, then I would do it. ;)

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Without wishing to sound facetious (but possibly failing) what are peoples feelings towards stopping at a red light on say a pedestrian crossing; dismounting, walking the bike the 8 feet across the lights and then getting back on and continuing. I would probably keep my bike on the road whilst I pushed it along from the pavement.
Doesn't this get around almost all the problems except for it having to still slow the cyclist down a bit?

Cyclopathic

Veteran
This is a whole different avenue and probably deserves a place in the Crank Arms rather than commuting.

Re: Red Light jumping

If it was 2 o'clock in the morning, no one was around,I could see clearly at all junctions and there were no rozzers around, then I would do it. ;)

Well my treatment of red lights is somewhat along those lines anyway. I will rlj if there is no one around to annoy and no one to influence. Basicaly I'l do it if no ones around therfor it will never come to anyones attention because no one will ever know....Oh bugger.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Without wishing to sound facetious (but possibly failing) what are peoples feelings towards stopping at a red light on say a pedestrian crossing; dismounting, walking the bike the 8 feet across the lights and then getting back on and continuing. I would probably keep my bike on the road whilst I pushed it along from the pavement.
Doesn't this get around almost all the problems except for it having to still slow the cyclist down a bit?

Bit of a faff, If you were really that bothered about saving a few seconds you might as well blatt straight on and ignore the lights. Or like me, stop and use the lights for some interval sprinting once they turn green.

VamP

Banned
@Mr Paul. Yes I would rather visit a dignitas facility.

Ahhh wait.... but that's not legal in the UK.

Kinda brings us neatly back to the point of legality vs. morality.

RLJing (on a bicycle) is mildly illegal, and mainly a victimless misdemeanour. Euthanasia is a serious offence, and will earn the perpetrator many years in jail.

Still want to maintain the ''it's illegal and therefore wrong'' position?

Ahhh wait.... but that's not legal in the UK.

Kinda brings us neatly back to the point of legality vs. morality.

RLJing (on a bicycle) is mildly illegal, and mainly a victimless misdemeanour. Euthanasia is a serious offence, and will earn the perpetrator many years in jail.

Still want to maintain the ''it's illegal and therefore wrong'' position?

:thumbsup: awesome

Top Bottom