Red Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
simongrant said:
damn,i have rear panniers too,but they do have reflective strips/piping on them lol as do my overshoes
I guess that should be fine, as long as it's BS6102/2 marked reflective strips

simongrant

:smile::laugh::ohmy::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is why i visit cyclechat everyday,better than Beau Peep at times:biggrin:

Just checking the BS number as we speak,tell me again what BS means???

Origamist

Legendary Member
I heard interweb rumours that this TFL report examining the proportion of RLJing by men and women was initially suppressed (as it might be used to support the contention that women were deemed more likely to be killed by HGVs whilst obeying red lights). Whether the conspiracy theory is true, I don't know - but the report is available now:

Some of the conclusions:

"The following general conclusions can be made based on the evidence described above:

• The majority of cyclists (84%) obey red traffic lights.
• Violation is not endemic, but 1 in 6 (16%) of cyclists do jump a red light, and at this level may encourage more to do so in the future.
A much greater number of men cycle during the morning and evening peaks. When a comparison is made of the behaviour of male and female cyclists it can be concluded that men are slightly more likely to violate red lights (17% compared to 13%).
In general cyclists who ride through red lights are more likely to do so whilst travelling straight ahead at a junction. They are least likely to do so when turning right.
• Red light violations are most common by cyclists travelling towards central London in the morning, and away from central London in the evening."

Top Bottom