Reflective Paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
people coming up behind you notice you because you've go an airzound?

the thing you can learn on here ...

domtyler

Über Member
Tynan said:
people coming up behind you notice you because you've go an airzound?

the thing you can learn on here ...

And you've been hit from behind how many times? :wacko:

col

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
I'm pretty sure that wearing hi viz does serve to wind up and provoke hostile bullying behaviour from a certain sub section of the road using community too.

I really don't feel the need to be any more visible than I can make myself without it.

I almost forgot the piece of kit that guarantees to get you noticed every time and that is the good ol' AirZound. A hundred times more effective than any day glo vest will ever be.

I cant see it(excuse;))I think the hostile bullying from a sub section,is because its a bike anyway,not because of vizvests.

domtyler

Über Member
col said:
I cant see it(excuse;))I think the hostile bullying from a sub section,is because its a bike anyway,not because of vizvests.

True, but by making a loud statement like that you open yourself up to it a lot more! :wacko:

col

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
True, but by making a loud statement like that you open yourself up to it a lot more! :blush:

Possibly ? but is the risk of getting bullied more than the risk of not being seen?

domtyler

Über Member
col said:
Possibly ? but is the risk of getting bullied more than the risk of not being seen?

If you want to get seen on a bike just ride in primary position, it works every time. Ride out of this position and you'll be blatantly ignored not seen whatever you're wearing. That's the simple truth folks.:blush:

col

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
If you want to get seen on a bike just ride in primary position, it works every time. Ride out of this position and you'll be blatantly ignored not seen whatever you're wearing. That's the simple truth folks.:blush:

True,but that could also be the reason a minority bully too,they think they are needlessly getting held up.And before someone says it,no i dont think that .;)

domtyler

Über Member
col said:
True,but that could also be the reason a minority bully too,they think they are needlessly getting held up.And before someone says it,no i dont think that .:blush:

I regularly get beeped, tail-gated, shouted at and threatened, subjected to the most dangerous overtaking manoeuvres possible because I choose to position myself in the middle of the lane. On the other hand, you will only very rarely hear me complain that I wasn't seen by a motorist. And this has nothing to do with wearing a dayglo yellow vest.

col

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
I regularly get beeped, tail-gated, shouted at and threatened, subjected to the most dangerous overtaking manoeuvres possible because I choose to position myself in the middle of the lane. On the other hand, you will only very rarely hear me complain that I wasn't seen by a motorist. And this has nothing to do with wearing a dayglo yellow vest.

But with a vest on,the same thing would happen?But as long as they see you;):blush:

Tynan

Veteran
domtyler said:

and primary is always an option is it?

I was in primary for my last accident, I presume that he didn't see me, and no I wasn't wearing hi viz

so much for the simple truth

domtyler

Über Member
Tynan said:
and primary is always an option is it?

I was in primary for my last accident, I presume that he didn't see me, and no I wasn't wearing hi viz

so much for the simple truth

Give us the details of the last accident then, including what you were wearing.

Top Bottom