Regents Park laps II!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richo_rider

Hey there

I am up for some laps of Regents or Richmond Parks in the evenings too.... sounds like fun

did you decide when you want to ride?
Fancy a few laps of Richmond Park tomorrow morning?

Claire

A while ago a few of us were meeting after work for some quickish laps of Regents Park and I'd really like to start this up again in a bid to get fit! I'll be trying to incorporate a few laps into my commute most nights so post up on here if you want to join me! While the evenings are light I'll be aiming for after about 7.30pm when the traffic is quieter but I can be flexible if people want to head out earlier. Speedwise, the maximum I can manage on my own at the moment is a 18.5mph average over a lap or 2 (2.7miles a lap) but I won't be able to keep that up all evening just yet!

OP
OP
Becs

Becs

Veteran
Hey there

I am up for some laps of Regents or Richmond Parks in the evenings too.... sounds like fun

did you decide when you want to ride?
Fancy a few laps of Richmond Park tomorrow morning?

Claire

Hi Claire
Alberto and I will be drinking beer on the beach after the London to Bognor night ride by tomorrow morning but sometime next week would be good (maybe tuesday evening?). I think the Sunday London ride should be happening this weekend - we're going to pootle down to watch a bit of the olympic road race trial; check out the thread on here and post if you want to join us so we can keep an eye out for you!
Becca

Jem

15 miles, just under 15mph av. Nice little after work pootle. Hopefully we'll Jem on some sunday rides soon!

Hey! Really enjoy our "pootle" round Regent's Park. I might need my weetabix before I come next time as I think I might have been slowing you down a tad. Am very much up for a Sunday ride if its starts mid morning and we finish in the pub for lunch!

Jem

Hi Claire
Alberto and I will be drinking beer on the beach after the London to Bognor night ride by tomorrow morning but sometime next week would be good (maybe tuesday evening?). I think the Sunday London ride should be happening this weekend - we're going to pootle down to watch a bit of the olympic road race trial; check out the thread on here and post if you want to join us so we can keep an eye out for you!
Becca

Welcome Claire, I'm very new too. I'm not around this weekend but next week Tuesday works for me, as Becs mentions above.

OP
OP
Becs

Becs

Veteran
I should be around on Tuesday evening, so see you then (Regents or Richmond...I am confused!?!)

I fancy Richmond if it's nice, although I got a load of hassle at Camden Road last time I tried to put my bike on at 6pm - we might have to ride there. If the weather's not great/work goes tits up I should still be up for regents,

Alberto

We can cycle to Kentish Town West or Goaspel Oak instead? does anyone know what happens with the gates in Richmond after 8 pm (or after it gets dark)?

Jem

I fancy Richmond if it's nice, although I got a load of hassle at Camden Road last time I tried to put my bike on at 6pm - we might have to ride there. If the weather's not great/work goes tits up I should still be up for regents,

I guess I meant Regents because of the title of the thread, and its closer to home! but I can do Richmond too, I'll need to take my bike into work so post on Monday which one we are doing. I've never done more than 2 laps though after work as am usually running on empty. I guess as I become more experienced this will change. ok look forward to it!

Alberto

We're aiming to get on a train by 6:45 pm, so at the park by 7:30 pm (top of Sawyer's Hill) I reckon. We can ride clockwise until we catch up with the rest of you?

OP
OP
Becs

Becs

Veteran
[QUOTE 1449961"]
Anyone fancy cycling there from central-ish London?
[/quote]

What time? I am sadly at the mercy of the science gods today - experiments go well I finish at 5, badly and I'm here til 8 :sad:

and from where? (I'm in Camden)

[QUOTE 1449965"]
HPC good a place as any, I guess. Or Victoria Gardens at Westminster (not sure where you're based) and head along the Chelsea embankment. I'm easy about time - depends what time you want to arrive at the Park. 8 miles from centralish London, rush hour - 35/40 mins without pushing it?
[/quote]

Cool! HPC sounds fine. 6.30 ok - could do earlier if you like but up to you.

M :bicycle:

Top Bottom