Regents Park laps II!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Um, I will try my best to make this. Will shoot for 7pm by Richmond gate?

Jem

Richmond Park about 7pm tomorrow then? Richmond gate?

Hey, I can't make Richmond Park tonight as won't get home till 8. If you're out on Thursday for a few laps of Regents Park I will probably catch you all then, Jem

OP
OP
Becs

Becs

Veteran
Ok so that wasn't exactly what I planned - thanks to everyone who waited with me while my lift arrived, and thanks to Ant for yelling at me to stop before I headed down the biggest descent with a buckled wheel! I must invest in some new wheels with extra spokes!

OP
OP
Becs

Becs

Veteran
Oh no Becs what happened? Sounds like wheel issues

My bike is telling me to go on a diet (or at least to stop putting panniers on it!). 2nd broken spoke in 6 weeks, wheel so out of true that it was rubbing on the chain stay - had do carry it out of the park to the boot of a car :-( thank you so much Mice for carrying my pannier!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Whoa hang on, your weight and pannier issues aside, I'd question the reliability of those rims. I'm sorry, it sounded like it trashed a good ride round.

That was fun - not exactly barring mechanicals (©Arallsopp) - but until they took hold it was definitely a great thing to do.

I had my own mechanical problem when on my way to HPC a link in the chain reshaped itself and the pedals would only go backwards! Fly, Becs and User found me just south of Hyde Park and recommended a visit to a nearby bicycle shop. Excellent - the shop technician repaired it and I was soon in Richmond Park.

Doe, Deer and dears were all enjoying the sunny evening - along with many cyclists and indeed a unicyclist. I did a circuit of the inner part, then the outer one and found User. We headed to Kingston Gate and learned that unfortunately the back wheel on Becs bike had decided to play up. Fly, Sitting Duck (nice wheels) Alberto + 1 (next time I will introduce myself!!) were with Becs waiting for a kind friend to collect her but as the park was shut to cars a rendez-vous a pied was found that Becs and I made our way towards having said goodbye to the others.

My total for the spin was 20 miles which given the mechanicals was not bad at all. Richmond Park is a treat without traffic.

Thanks All

M :bicycle:

Attachments

• No Balance Issues there then.jpg
    No Balance Issues there then.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Deer.jpg
    Deer.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom