Remake of "True Grit"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
Found out tonight that a remake of the film "True Grit" will be released in January. I presume someone thinks they can make it better and probably get a gong themselves like Wayne got, if it flops it will probably be nicknamed "True Crap", I cannot recall a remake of any film, better than the original. Even looking at the trailers, Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn has not got a patch on John Wayne, Bridges seems to be trying to mimic the part of Wayne and sounds and looks dumb, whereas, Wayne was himself. Whatever next? a remake of "The Searchers"

Found out tonight that a remake of the film "True Grit" will be released in January. I presume someone thinks they can make it better and probably get a gong themselves like Wayne got, if it flops it will probably be nicknamed "True Crap", I cannot recall a remake of any film, better than the original. Even looking at the trailers, Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn has not got a patch on John Wayne, Bridges seems to be trying to mimic the part of Wayne and sounds and looks dumb, whereas, Wayne was himself. Whatever next? a remake of "The Searchers"

Please nooo! :headshake: As the saying goes "if it aint broke don't fix it".

mikeitup

Veteran

Not a very good Rooster Cogburn without a patch then.

asterix

Comrade Member
Hell no! They'll be remaking Get Carter next. I can just imagine it set in some USA city with some dumb Hollywood actor playing Michael Caine Carter.

PBancroft

I can think of a few remakes where they arguably surpassed the original (The Bourne Identity, The Fly, Scarface) though I guess it is a personal preference thing.

Admittedly the better remakes either completely throw the story out and start from fresh, or have pretty a pretty low starting point to begin with.

yello

I hope who ever takes the Rooster Cogburn (or is it Cockburn??) camps it up even more than JW did!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hell no! They'll be remaking Get Carter next. I can just imagine it set in some USA city with some dumb Hollywood actor playing Michael Caine Carter.

oh dear... that reminds me of the piss poor remake of The Italian Job.
angry.gif

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
True Grit is one of my all time fave films. How dare they, is nothing respected in Holywad (dont answer that)?

There are a few remakes that did work.. usually when the director takes a different slant (The Crazies is one that I personally liked, originally a George A Romero flick).

Top Bottom