Remember to change your clocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I haven't changed some of my clocks since Spring so I should be okay. I just have to work out which ones I changed and which ones I did not....

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
My sun dial is always right.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Perfect Virgo said:
Mine's been running slow under moderate cloud today ;)

(No button pushing or knob twiddling here until 1st Nov for some reason.)

I crossed Canada by train many years ago. It got very confusing changing the clocks most days and twice in one day. For meals I had to decide whether to go by the clock time, or by "Tummy" time - ie the time interval since you last had a meal. :blush:

ColinJ said:
Wouldn't that be "... are driven to and from school in the dark..."? It seems pretty unfashionable for children to walk anywhere these days!

Steady, they breed 'em tough in the Highlands, they have to. Mine cycled, scooted or walked when we lived there, no namby, pamby lifts.

Speicher said:
I crossed Canada by train many years ago. It got very confusing changing the clocks most days and twice in one day.

I crossed the International Date Line 20 years ago flying from Fiji to Hawaii, and when someone asked me when I arrived there, I didn't know whether to say, er, today, ER, yesterday, ERR tomorrow! ;)

I don't think I've recovered! :ohmy:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Does anyone have a VDO bike computer manual, I can never remember how to reset the time? :ohmy:

I only do it once a year as the clock gains...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Baggy said:
Does anyone have a VDO bike computer manual, I can never remember how to reset the time? :ohmy:

I only do it once a year as the clock gains...

I do but I can't be arsed to look for it now, Bags. I'll have a look tomorrow if you're still stuck:girl:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Perfect Virgo said:
Yes it's all jolly discombobulating :ohmy:

Even more discombobulating - I got off the train after nearly four days, and felt seasick once back on dry land.

Also discombobulating was travelling on the "wrong" track as we passed other trains (very slowly). Fortunately I met a man who just happened to be a Manager of the Line from Winnipeg to Churchill (where the bears are) and he explained about satellite tracking.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Perfect Virgo said:
The sea freezes tight all around this island so "sea legs" are hard to develop in winter! And yes the bears, crazy really... it's like a big zoo over here except there are no bars.

Off licences though, surely?

Top Bottom