Remember when the Oscars were about films ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
:laugh:Do you know how IMDB actually started? With The List - a list of hot women and which films you could find them naked in.

This is true.

(but yes, the site was once much better than it is now, but the I've never agreed with the rankings.)

That's not my understanding of the site's history, but I am also sceptical of the ratings. The top 20 has at least 7 films which don't have any business there and Shawshank as #1 is a joke.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Sure, but the playing field is much closer to level in music.

MTV abolished gender-specific categories for its acting awards this year, giving the honor for best actor in a movie to Emma Watson for "Beauty and the Beast."
https://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/08/entertainment/emma-watson-gender-neutral-mtv/index.html

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sure, but the playing field is much closer to level in music. These days just about anyone can make music and release it, but women are not offered the same juicy, Oscar worthy roles as men.

"...proving there are still great roles in Hollywood for Meryl Streeps over 60.
Sally Hawkins was very good in TSOW. Or do you mean roles that don't require the woman to be
naked and masturbating within the first five minutes of the movie?

I'm going out on a limb and say Belle in Beauty and the Beast is not an Oscar worthy role.
Sally Hawkins was very good in TSOW. Or do you mean roles that don't require the woman to be
naked and masturbating within the first five minutes of the movie?
Lol. I didn't mean they don't get any good roles, just not as many.

Over the history of best picture, only about half the winners have passed the extremely low bar of the Bechdel test. But as around half the best picture nominees this year have been lead by women, maybe there is genuine change.

[QUOTE 5176285, member: 43827"]Sorry, but just caught up with this thread again. What does the "p" stand for? I assumed it was "pubes", making it gender neutral.[/QUOTE]
Your interpretation makes good sense, but I was looking for a term to characterise white men, and then I realized I really meant older white men
White penis -> grey penis -> grey-p
because I felt I was saying penis too much on cc.

But I give up. Penis penis penis penis!
Edit:

View: https://youtu.be/nG58w95qzKk

But from now on it officially means grey pubes.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sure, but the playing field is much closer to level in music. These days just about anyone can make music and release it, but women are not offered the same juicy, Oscar worthy roles as men.
I briefly heard somebody on the radio this morning saying that female artists are underrepresented and make up 16.8% of the top 40.

I felt I was saying penis too much on cc.
I checked. You are. Carry on.

Top Bottom