Removing milk from your diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Much of Asia can't digest dairy at all.
It's something we in the West have evolved our gut biome to do.
I discovered that when doing Judo at school. A lad of (IIRC) Korean descent almost threw up on me as we grappled on the mat. He told me that the smell of milk in my sweat made him feel sick!

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I discovered that when doing Judo at school. A lad of (IIRC) Korean descent almost threw up on me as we grappled on the mat. He told me that the smell of milk in my sweat made him feel sick!

Lol obviously a man who thinks on his feet..

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
You wanna try gluten free or sourdough....I have had no issues since that either

I quite like sourdough, gluten free, hmm it tends to be full of other stuff I don't want.
Gluten free is a bit of a fad I think unless you have Celiacs disease. But bread is a fattening bloaty food at best.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I quite like sourdough, gluten free, hmm it tends to be full of other stuff I don't want.
Gluten free is a bit of a fad I think unless you have Celiacs disease. But bread is a fattening bloaty food at best.
Especially shop- bought bread - its full of sugar and all sorts. Best making your own from scratch, especially in terms of ingredient accountability. Treat yourself to a breadmaker and get baking :biggrin: I'll come over for a loaf :wub:

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Well i do like my female friends xx

:hungry::hugs:

Julia9054

Guru
I'm not completely lactose intolerant but having lactose free milk in coffee and on porridge helps reduce my IBS symptoms. I eat yoghurt every day to protect against osteoporosis but that is much lower in lactose than raw milk. Cheese only occasionally.
(Actually, what makes the biggest difference to my IBS is cutting out artificial sweeteners. It's been a game changer)

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Some medication I was on destroyed my gut bacteria with not very nice results. Medical advice says take lots of yoghurt and it should clear up eventually with better bacteria introduced. I now make my own which is pretty easy using low fat milk and I know what it contains when ready unlike the flavoured stuff the shops sell.

Julia9054

Guru
Some medication I was on destroyed my gut bacteria with not very nice results. Medical advice says take lots of yoghurt and it should clear up eventually with better bacteria introduced. I now make my own which is pretty easy using low fat milk and I know what it contains when ready unlike the flavoured stuff the shops sell.
That happened to a friend of mine. He was really ill for a few months and lost loads of weight. He tried all the live yoghurt, sauerkraut and kimchi recommended but only time did the trick. He did eventually recover and now has the digestion of a teenager. Late night greasy curries no problem and hasn't needed to go near a packet of rennies since. I think he should be in a medical text book.

Top Bottom