Replacement toner cartridges...where from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Hi
I have a HP Laserjet 5 at home. Bought it off ebay 2nd hand a few years ago. The cartridge now needs replacing (it's leaking toner - very messy).

Can anyone suggest where to buy replacement toner cartidges? Hopefully I can find a compatible generic one, rather than a pricey HP one.

Cheers.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Type " hp toner cartridge" into google and you will get loads of suppliers up.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Yeah, man, I know you can google. Anyone got any 1st hand experience of buying cartridges? recommendations, good service etc.

Pete

I bought some refilled toner cartridges (for a Brother) from 999inks.co.uk recently. Fairly cheap, seem to be OK, though I haven't actually installed one yet. They first of all shipped me a pack of art paper, which wasn't what I ordered at all, but when I sent them a mildly shirty E-mail, they immediately put the correct order in the post for me. And they haven't asked for the paper back. ;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
cartridgemonkey.com

have used them in the past and are pretty good.

radger

Veteran
My experience is thus: We used to use remanufactured cartridges from imagejet- they were almost as good as the HP originals.
I am trying desperately to recall the brand name of the other remanufactured ones we tried, which were utter sh*te and hardly lasted at all - they come in a red box and the name begins with a K. Avoid if possible
The imagejet ones were fine for several months in an office of 15 (although on two printers) with an unhealthy lust for hard copies

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
cartridgemonkey.com

Cheers, Alecs...I just placed my order with them. The deal-clincher was I liked the company logo.
The non-HP toner was a third of the cost of an original.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
cartridgemonkey.com

Thanks for recommending them. My toner cartridge arrived promptly and seems to work fine. Fingers crossed it'll still be like that after x'1000 copies.
Cheers
Maz

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got a Laserjet 5 as well - blooming great work horses - again bought it off ebay. I got an original HP toner for about £25 off ebay..

Our Epson inkjet has just given up - bloody thing won't paper feed correctly and as sods law...I've got stacks of compatible ink for it.... had it in bits, checked pickups argh !!!

Well back to my trusty Deskjet 895 - I'll dig it out of the cupboard but just need new inks for it - might give cartridgemonkey a try..!

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Pete said:
I bought some refilled toner cartridges (for a Brother) from 999inks.co.uk recently...
I thought you were an only-child. Wahay!! Boom-boom!

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
fossyant said:
I've got a Laserjet 5 as well - blooming great work horses - again bought it off ebay. I got an original HP toner for about £25 off ebay...
Great work horse. Looks like you picked up a bargain there. In the shops, HP toners sell for £60-70.

Top Bottom