Replacement Wheel Suggestions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
VeganWheels

VeganWheels

Pulled the Trigger & went with a pair of Vision Trimax 35 from Merlin Cycles,only time will tell if they improve the bike & me.
They are arriving tomorrow.
LBS is going to swop them out for me on Friday.
First ride on them will be Saturday.
Thank you to everyone that replied & offered advice.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Depending on your weight, number of spokes might be a consideration. Hand built is always worth a look, a company like DCR will advise on what’s suitable
Over rated wheels, spent £650.00 on a set, My Mavics are so much nicer. Now use the DCR as winter wheels, never again will i go Hand built.

Kernow_T

Über Member
Pulled the Trigger & went with a pair of Vision Trimax 35 from Merlin Cycles,only time will tell if they improve the bike & me.
They are arriving tomorrow.
LBS is going to swop them out for me on Friday.
First ride on them will be Saturday.
Thank you to everyone that replied & offered advice.
You will not be disappointed....they are, IMO very very good value wheels and I hadn't mentioned them previously as don't pop up that often at a decent price. Having owned a couple of sets as well as the Trimax Carbon 45 I'll be surprised if you don't notice a significant difference - good choice.

OP
OP
VeganWheels

VeganWheels

You will not be disappointed....they are, IMO very very good value wheels and I hadn't mentioned them previously as don't pop up that often at a decent price. Having owned a couple of sets as well as the Trimax Carbon 45 I'll be surprised if you don't notice a significant difference - good choice.

£367 the pair delivered,it was too good an offer to pass it by.

Thank you for all the suggestions & advice.

Another question for you & anyone else who would like to comment.

Currently running Schwalbe one tubeless tyres,do i transfer these & pop tubes into them or lash out on new tubed tyres.

I assume,as both options will be running on tubes,it makes sense to get the value & wear out of my current tyres?

Kernow_T

Über Member
£367 the pair delivered,it was too good an offer to pass it by.

Thank you for all the suggestions & advice.

Another question for you & anyone else who would like to comment.

Currently running Schwalbe one tubeless tyres,do i transfer these & pop tubes into them or lash out on new tubed tyres.

I assume,as both options will be running on tubes,it makes sense to get the value & wear out of my current tyres?
Makes perfect sense because that's what I'd do.....get your money's worth and make decisions when you need new

T4tomo

Legendary Member
At least with DPD you have a good chance they will find them again. Yodel or hermes - no chance....

vickster

Legendary Member
Can’t Merlin just send you another pair? It’s up to them to sort with DPD surely

T4tomo

Legendary Member
More faith than me,I hope they damn well do,especially given the first contact with Merlin Cycles to report the item lost.
they delivered my beer, ordered Tuesday evening, this morning. They also tracked down and recovered a case of wine they had accidently dropped off with some PPE at a hospital a couple of weeks earlier and delivered it to us....have faith

OP
OP
VeganWheels

VeganWheels

Can’t Merlin just send you another pair? It’s up to them to sort with DPD surely

DPD told me to contact Merlin & request they issue replacements,Merlin's attitude was call us tomorrow & if they have not arrived we will contact DPD & then either send replacements or if we don't have further stock available, issue a refund.
My gut instinct tells me that when they don't turn up tomorrow & by the time Merlin speak with DPD the wheels will be out of stock,as they are currently on offer.
Hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom