replica jersey snobbery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will be seen out on the roads in my new Planet X / On-one team jerseys. Partly as thats what I ride, partly as I liked the design, but mostly as they were selling them for £10 :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I will be seen out on the roads in my new Planet X / On-one team jerseys. Partly as thats what I ride, partly as I liked the design, but mostly as they were selling them for £10 :smile:

The yellow one?
I counted four of them on the Bognor FNRttC.

Yellow s/s and a blue L/s, as thats all that was left in my size when I got to the site.

L/s is a bit heavier and should be good for slightly colder days (like those coming later this week)

No s/s left in any size/colour. Few l/s still available though here

pepecat

I have a mont ventoux jersey which the other half bought me a while ago....haven't had the guts to wear it out yet cos A) I have only ever been up mont ventoux in a car, and B) I am CRAP at climbing hills.......
so if i'm out wearing the thing, everyone'll think I'm some hills ace, and i'm really really not.....

http://www.bedoin-location.fr/ - one of these...click on 'maillots' and you'll see the jerseys. Mine is white....

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I would not have a clue what a replica shirt is, but if you like it wear it. I never really look at other peoples clothing, just the bike that they are riding the more I have gotten into cycling.

brockers

Nothing wrong with wearing team kit these days as it's often decent quality stuff at discount prices, but I'd stop short of wearing World Champ bands unless you've got the pedalling style to look as if you could go fast if you wanted to !! (TBH I think it would look a bit naff - a bit like a TdF yellow jersey - and quite a few club cyclists I know would use you as target practice)

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I agree with the others, it's a free country, wear what YOU like. However I wouldn't wear team colours unless I could ride like a member of that team. I would feel a bit of a prat in all the recognisable kit and puffing along at 15 mph.

I have ordered one of these which is more appropriate for me and a bit of fun.

Whoooooa! Think best order one of them for myself
:biggrin:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic

Whoooooa! Think best order one of them for myself
:biggrin:

Not sure about that one, but their biohazard one looks interesting :biggrin:

Well I like to wear the kit to match my bike, some people think its strange, and on a recent Sportive I was overtaken by a cycling club bunch and one made a joke/comment about saying 'Look its Lance Armstrong' which I did not think was particularly funny and no one else laughed, but who cares, I wear what I want.

A few years ago, I was wearing a jersey that said eddy Mercx, and someone over took me and said, 'blimey mercx has put weight on', but again, its just the odd comment, but then you get people who think they are funny every where, so I still continue to wear what I want !

PpPete

Legendary Member
The yellow one?
I counted four of them on the Bognor FNRttC.

StuAff was one, I was another... who were the others?

Much as I would like one of these it's always price that wins with me. Hence taking advantage of the P-X bargain, and the rest of my cycling wardrobe is mostly Aldi & Lidl !

I do have a some replica Sky kit... which I got as "free samples" from a Chinese vendor who wanted to promote their wares..... it's not very good, and I don't wear it as it just feels pretentious.

ray.m

Providing you're not on a carbon frame, running sram red and 3 stone overweight with your ar$e cheeks hanging in the back wheel you should be ok.
I wish I was still at an age when I bothered about what people thought! Wear it and enjoy your riding.

Top Bottom