replica jersey snobbery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brockers

Hello Everyone.

Ive set my sights on a replica of the world champions rainbow jersey but im sure i read somewhere or even might have pick it up during commentary on the cycling programme on eurosport that its frowned upon by hardcore cyclists.

Views????

At some level you could say that a lot of people take their competition so seriously it's almost a religion to them, and they truly appreciate what somebody's achieved in gaining a World Championship title. So for someone to be bimbling around dressed as the cycling equivalent of Jesus/Mohammed/Moses/whoever could be seen as a bit of an insult. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but hope you get my drift.

That said, this looks quite appealing! Though you'd look a bit silly on yer Specialized.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I bought one of these because it was only £12.99 from planet x, the team is not gthat well known, damn good value for a jersey, and not too garish. I don't buy team jerseys normaly but for that price you can't go far wrong.

Will1985

Über Member
I've got quite a bit of replica kit - it's often cheap at clearance time and convenient to wear on commutes. I tend to mix it all up and ensure that I don't wear it out on the rare occasion I go out on club rides. Racing in pro kit is a big no-no and the regulations technically prohibit it.

pepecat

I quite like these . Not replica, I know, but makes a point!

I will echo what others have said wear what you want.
I wear Bermuda shorts a t-shirt that does not match the shorts, I don't care what other people think I am out riding my bike and I am comfortable.
I am on a bike not a cat walk

Basil.B

Guru
Tempted..... very tempted
formaggioitalia.jpg
I want one!
thumbsup.png

Where from?

twozeronine

Agree that you should wear what you want. Having said that, I used to wear a team jersey and started feeling like a bit of a poser. It did have logos and crap all over it though, plus shading on the stomach that was meant to give the impression of a six-pack (I don't think anyone was fooled :tongue:).

the_mikey

Legendary Member
team kit is fine (but don't mix; shorts and tops should match, as should any other items), and stay clear of rainbow stripes and maillot jaune…

I have both a yellow jersey and a old team jersey, I'll wear the yellow jersey on my thursday night ride to the chip shop, but I wouldn't wear it when going on a 50+ km spin at the weekend. The old team jersey I might wear at a sportive, you'll see all kinds of jerseys and mixtures of kit on a sportive ride!

Top Bottom