Reporting a P.O.B.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lanzecki

Über Member
If you're on a bike, you're a cyclist. There is no value judgement in the term.

This.

Just because someone may ride a bike a few times a month on a less then modern bike doesn't make then a POB on a BSO. They are a cyclist for that time. If I'm driving a Ford Fiesta I'm just as much a driver as when I'm driving a Ferrari. I'm no less human then the next person just because I don't conform to your view of what a cyclist should be. Should I be called a HSO (Human shaped Object)?

Let's not get hung up on giving every different type of person a title. Down that path lies segregation and hatred for not conforming to your views.

People are people first, drivers, cyclist, pedestrians, runners, crawlers, hoppers second. Well maybe runners should be reduced to 3rd class :smile:

With any number of threads on here where people have reported a driver to their company, because of their attitude whilst driving. How many on here feel that its fair to do the same for a P.O.B.
I come across a few who will quite blatantly take to the pavement, go through red lights. At times forcing drivers of motor vehicles to have to take avoiding action. As they sail on by.

Is there any difference to what they are doing on two wheels, that a driver may do which might result in a complaint being made to their company.

Granted, a bike cannot cannot hit a lorry & cause the lorry to come of second best. But any action the driver may have to take, to avoid the P.O.B., does put other road users at risk through no actual fault of their own.

Should we be treated any differrent?

How are you going to report them?

Force them to stop and then demand their name and address?

So apart from doing that are you going to go into the police station and say this guy on a blue bike pulled out on me.

Complete none starter.

Hip Priest

Veteran
But would anybody know what it meant?

Pob-Gove.jpg

Lanzecki

Über Member
Oh, I am not saying that there is any difference in value, just that it is sometimes clear to identify the difference between both.

Yes you are, you are defining someone by their method of transport. I assume you use it as a derogatory term, so you refer to a POB as a 'lesser cyclist'

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2342436, member: 9609"]It would be quite difficult to find where they work, and I can't imagine most employers being remotely interested about what their staff do out of work hours on their own bikes. Or do you mean report them to their spouses?[/quote]
No. Report them to their employer, as was said in the opening post.
How are you going to report them?

Force them to stop and then demand their name and address?

So apart from doing that are you going to go into the police station and say this guy on a blue bike pulled out on me.

Complete none starter.
Again as I said on in the opening post, its reporting them to their employer. In the same way that people advocate reporting & actually report drivers to their employers over their actions whilst in control/charge of their vehicle. I'll count myself in that last part.
If its got as far as even thinking about reporting them to their employers, then their employer must already be known. Sometimes through uniform, sometimes through actually seeing them entering their place of employment.

Still no-one has come forward to answer the question I asked as to why only those cycling on two wheels, are in their minds cyclists. P.O.B. was picked up on here, so I used it on here. Now there are those who are saying that (only) a person on bike(two wheels) is a cyclist. They have made a further split within those who choose to cycle. As I choose at times to use three & four wheels, I'm not a cyclist.

Iet me ask this question about two of the people I mean. Both are paid to teach others, primarily school kids how to cycle correctly on the roads. Yet what they are teaching by example may well be seen as acceptable, by those they are teaching.
One other is a councillour.

PK99

Legendary Member
I had a silly cyclist today who nearly cycled right infront of me. He zipped out from behind a van and barely stopped. He really made me jump and ended up cutting off the car behind me.
Some people are not cyclists, but people on bikes.

i don't go with this argument. it could equally apply to pillocks in cars and motorists.

If you drive a car you are a motorist. if you ride a bike you are a cyclist.

some motorists are pillocks. Some cyclists are pillocks.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2343281, member: 9609"]I think if someone is riding a liveried (or unliveried) bike on behalf of their employer, then that employer has some responsibilities as to how that bike is being ridden, and I think reporting bad cycling to that employer would be a reasonable thing to do.

If someone is driving their private car badly whilst not at work - then I would see no point in informing the employer and would go to the police.[/quote]
Given that some employees can take their work provided liveried vehicle home, but it is used to identify the company they work for. How do you know that they are at work.
C2W if I remember right has the employer as the owner, until final payment has been made. So the cycle is a work provided vehicle until then. But the same problem arises, how do you know they are not at work, or just travelling to or from work.

Pob? On a bike?
260px-Pob_logo.jpg

Top Bottom