Reporting a P.O.B.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
More a practical point than anything else. If they are riding in gear identifying them as being from a company then i might do so, as I might do with a liveried van. Either of which could be heading home after work rather than being on duty but are still potentially affecting the image of their employer.

snorri

Legendary Member
Given that some employees can take their work provided liveried vehicle home, but it is used to identify the company they work for. How do you know that they are at work.
C2W if I remember right has the employer as the owner, until final payment has been made. So the cycle is a work provided vehicle until then. But the same problem arises, how do you know they are not at work, or just travelling to or from work.
IMO You're thinking too much about this.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Should POB's be called cyclists?

On the relatively tiny membership of a cycling forum, we understand the snobbish differentiation between 'us' proper cyclists and 'them' that just ride bikes but in the real world where all the non cyclists, lawmakers, Keith Peat types live, we're all cyclists because we're all on cycles.
Never understood the obsession with nit picking descriptions amongst ourselves, we need to look at the bigger picture.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
On the relatively tiny membership of a cycling forum, we understand the snobbish differentiation between 'us' proper cyclists and 'them' that just ride bikes but in the real world where all the non cyclists, lawmakers, Keith Peat types live, we're all cyclists because we're all on cycles.
Never understood the obsession with nit picking descriptions amongst ourselves, we need to look at the bigger picture.
Agreed. We live in a multi-faceted world where all in one day we're cyclists, lycra louts, scofflaws, people with awesomely toned legs and butts; it really depends on who's doing the looking :thumbsup:.

I think its fair to draw a distinction between 'ists'' and 'non ists'. I consider myself a 'motorist' and a 'cyclist' because i do both activities concientiously and to the best of my ability. The world seems full of people - mere 'drivers' and POBs who give nary a thought to the impact their behaviour has on others. Its not about elitism but about standards of behaviour.

Possibly.

sidevalve

Über Member
As usual there is a lot of fog about what to call people and if they are a danger when the OP asked a simple question which boils down to this, are people who ride bicycles above the basic laws that apply to EVERY other road user just because they ride a bike and if not should we try to do anything about it if we can ? Believe it or not cyclists DO have a very easy time of things [in the legal sense anyway] but if muppets keep on "pushing the limits" this will change. Nobody wants cyclists to be regulated like motorists but it wont take much, only one or two serious "accidents" [in tabloid terms anyway] and this could change. If they can be identified then report them, they are not children, they know what they are doing and they could mess it up for all of us.

snailracer

Über Member
More a practical point than anything else. If they are riding in gear identifying them as being from a company then i might do so, as I might do with a liveried van. Either of which could be heading home after work rather than being on duty but are still potentially affecting the image of their employer.
Yes, I saw a very naughty POB today, I've got half a mind to report him to Superdry ;)

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I guess a P.O.B would be riding a B.S.O.
Is B.S.O. Bog Standard Ordinary or Bicycle Shaped Object. In your opinion.

If its the latter, you're splitting the cyclists by the number of wheels under them. Where is the difference in that.

Top Bottom