Restrictions on cyclists now being discussed at Ministerial level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Tory party,the country is in a mess fuel,cost of living,nhs,dentists.I have got to say i did vote for Boris,the thought of Abbott and Costello,sorry Corbyn running the country chilled me to the bone.But my word they couldnt have done a worse job,Boris where is the multi millions for the nhs after Brexit,and hows your pals doing the ones that got the safety stuff through covid,millions of pounds lined peoples pockets,and all we see is jump on cyclists well f.o. Tories.

You are forgetting the seismic economic shocks of Covid & Urkraine

markemark

Über Member
The interesting issue is why cyclists think the blanket limit should apply to every road user other that themselves
I don’t. Just the big heavy motorised ones. I’m happy to be in the group with cyclists and roller bladers and hula hoopers and pogo stickers and moon walkers ……

oldwheels

Legendary Member
So will I need 9 different number plates and insurance for each bike or would it be the person the number plate and insurance applied to if it ever actually comes to pass. Shame I'm regularly still seeing motorists driving around with mobiles clutched to their heads and feck all done about it!

You would need 9 different plates and insurance.Not enough money in it otherwise.:laugh:

presta

Guru
There was a motorist on twitter arguing that if cyclists pay, it won't be expensive for anyone else. I was tempted to ask him if he would prefer them all adding to the congestion in cars, but I dare say he probably would.
Might just ask my son to knock a 'fake' rag plate up for me with his vinyl printer/cutter thingy ! 👅
If I was still cycling I might be tempted to ride with this one.
1660758522041.png

He gave us smart motorways too,
Smart motorways are actually safer, contrary to popular opinion. (Leeds Uni)

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
"Being discussed at ministerial level" is about as meaningless as it gets, given that nobody knows who will be minister of anything in a couple of weeks' time.

Roadrat77

Typical of the hostility towards cyclists and cycling in general in Britain. One minute they want people to abandon their cars and go green and the next they're effectively criminalising and demonising the most viable option to it.

DRM

Guru
The weekly hiding of bad news, from a convulsed government in it’s death throes, last week it was killer cyclists, this week it’s speeding cyclists, number plates and insurance, what’s coming next week I wonder

DRM

Guru
At least he hasn't mentioned compulsory helmets.
That’s to cover next weeks Tory mess

Classic divide and rule.

This might not get implemented - but it makes for a divided and horrible country.

I despair at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom