Result! On speeding drivers in our street.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
....and he tries a new line.

Yes they do. Do you know anything about blue routes?

I could ask Mr Google or could tell me. Are there blue routes on all roads then?

My Corrado is so low it grinds over many speedlumps however slowly I trundle over them. When I had the kids and some compost bags from B et Q in the back on Saturday we had to take a different way home, it simply wouldn't have got up the street. I know, I'm a nidiot. :blush:

Corrados is wicked.

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
mickle said:
My Corrado is so low it grinds over many speedlumps however slowly I trundle over them. When I had the kids and some compost bags from B et Q in the back on Saturday we had to take a different way home, it simply wouldn't have got up the street. I know, I'm a nidiot. :wacko:

Corrados is wicked.

Perhaps the answer is lower speed cushions? Still slow the traffic but less damaging.

No doubt Mr Paul will be along later to say that any car can get over the existing bumps without damage. Your Corrado struggles and so do many others.

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
If you'd only read your own google results you'll see that there are issues around speed humps being installed which don't meet regulations and are too high.

I have been saying all along that car tyressuspension are being damaged by speed cushions. If the cushions are being installed too high that could explain it.

We could even be in agreement on something.:ohmy:

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
The point is that you've been using this one argument in your general grab-all argument against speed bumps.

Speed bumps are an over used easy and chaep option for local authorities imo.

All that we can see is that there are very few reports of cars being damaged (catching your exhaust doesn't constitute damage does it?) And the majority of those complaining damaged their car because they were too stupid to slow down. That's what kwikfit are seeing.

No damage to the insides of tyres can be caused by reguarly crossing speed bumps slowly and why does catching an exhaust not count as damage?
Not forgetting that you joined this thread to moan about someone taking steps to slow drivers down and make the streets safer.

I joined this thread to try to counter the anti cardriver propoganda from some of the usual suspects.

BC old chap, my car grinds on speed bumps because it is too low not because the speed bumps are too high. My choice. And I don't have issue with it grinding since it is a worthless shoot box.
I like it low because I think it looks cool because I am a Vashion Wictim.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Badders, why have you hijacked Globati's thread, which merely brings us news of some successful campaigning to gladden our hearts? I think it's ill-mannered.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
speed hump damage is hilarious! Sorry, but as I whizz over the bumps, overtaking a car at every one, I can't help but be amused by people grounding their exhausts or the front bit of bodywork when just a little dab of the brake pedal would allow them to continue on their way without injury to the car.

And.....if you'd ever seen a MacLaren sports car grounded on a speed bump in what used to be the red light district in Streatham you'd agree with me....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
speed hump damage is hilarious! Sorry, but as I whizz over the bumps, overtaking a car at every one, I can't help but be amused by people grounding their exhausts or the front bit of bodywork when just a little dab of the brake pedal would allow them to continue on their way without injury to the car.

And.....if you'd ever seen a MacLaren sports car grounded on a speed bump in what used to be the red light district in Streatham you'd agree with me....

Tee hee. I think I remember you mentioning the MacLaren before. I've been enjoying the route into town from Tarte Tatin's house since she moved - Dulwich College Road is great for really flash cars running aground. ;)

U

User169

Residents in Liverpool Street (Islington) campaigned for removal of speed bumps because of the additional noise they seemed to provoke (squealing bus brakes, metal on road).

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Liverpool Road, I think. And, being a straight road with little traffic it used to get more than its fair share of speeders - which is why the residents campaigned for speed bumps in the first place. And I stand to be corrected, but other than at the extreme southern end, there is no bus service in Liverpool Road

http://www.cyclingcouncillor.com/index.asp?PageID=118

(the solicitor's office in the basement of 3xx Liverpool Road is one of a kind. The 'receptionist' is a shop window mannequin called 'Miss Jones'. She's always smartly turned out, but hasn't really got hold of the telephone thing...)

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
dellzeqq said:

That won't be speed related. He will have very little ground clearance.:smile:

Top Bottom