Retarded development

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
F*ck off, you tw@t.

Sh4rkyBloke said:
You'd use the word 'retard' as a way to suggest that you thought them to be of nominal intelligence / having the IQ of a pot plant etc. You've already said you wouldn't use it if you thought they *were* actually mentally deficient/challenged... that seems to suggest you know it is offensive to a particular group of people.

You'd use the word 'twat' to suggest you thought them to be a complete idiot bereft of any common-sense and it is only offensive in that it is still regarded as being slightly taboo in common language... it is not offensive to any group of people, and I suspect that there's no single person you wouldn't use it against (hence the classification of 'general insult').

Is that any clearer? :biggrin:
Oh right, so it's OK to insult so long as you don't insult people that belong to a group.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
About the only i get from this is that you have to ask questions before you insult somebody to make sure it doesnt offend them.What a load of bollocks.
I have been called retarded and have called friends retards. They take no offence. Infact, most people in my school wont know the true meaning to the word, i doubt the chav even knew the real meaning, she probably just thought she was being called thick, which she probably is. Why we have to have so many pages on about this, for no good reason, to cover all points again, and then again is beyond me.
I do not take the word retard as offensive, and i know people who do have learning disabilities that dont even consider it offensive.
Ok Magna, you work with mentally disabled people, so do many other people on here. Whats the point is that ment to be?
Infact, if i was called a twat that would annoy me more. How it all links up to being the 'c' word makes it worse i find. And, that is the most offensive word that a women can be called. So how you would call her a twat, i think she might find that more offensive.
The top number one meaning on here of retard has been copyed, but look at the more casual meanings that have been put down. No matter what the rest will say, this will be what she would think it ment.
Twat however, is understood as meaning vagina.
So really, they can both be seen as very offensive. that is fact.
I dont see how you, Magnatom think thats its fine to swear in public and call people twats(the 'c' word really) and think its bad to call people retards. OK, i wouldnt shout out retard in public, nor would i shout out twat. Why does the public want to hear this language? Why? Dont you think that people that have mental disabilities want to keep being reminded of it. I know if i had a mental disabilty i wouldnt want someone reminding me, but the new meaning of retard i know isnt there for calling mentaly disabled people. However, spaz is.
Infact this thread has really annoyed me. If you dont like the words used, then why read it? Why bother replying?

magnatom said:
Shall we rewind to the bit where you were about to agree that you cold not know for certain that the 'lady' in question had a learning disability or not....
I'd put money on the fact she wasn't, and you know I'd have a good chance of taking yours off you.

Joe24 said:
About the only i get from this is that you have to ask questions before you insult somebody to make sure it doesnt offend them.What a load of bollocks.
I have been called retarded and have called friends retards. They take no offence. Infact, most people in my school wont know the true meaning to the word, i doubt the chav even knew the real meaning, she probably just thought she was being called thick, which she probably is. Why we have to have so many pages on about this, for no good reason, to cover all points again, and then again is beyond me.
I do not take the word retard as offensive, and i know people who do have learning disabilities that dont even consider it offensive.
Ok Magna, you work with mentally disabled people, so do many other people on here. Whats the point is that ment to be?
Infact, if i was called a twat that would annoy me more. How it all links up to being the 'c' word makes it worse i find. And, that is the most offensive word that a women can be called. So how you would call her a twat, i think she might find that more offensive.
The top number one meaning on here of retard has been copyed, but look at the more casual meanings that have been put down. No matter what the rest will say, this will be what she would think it ment.
Twat however, is understood as meaning vagina.
So really, they can both be seen as very offensive. that is fact.
I dont see how you, Magnatom think thats its fine to swear in public and call people twats(the 'c' word really) and think its bad to call people retards. OK, i wouldnt shout out retard in public, nor would i shout out twat. Why does the public want to hear this language? Why? Dont you think that people that have mental disabilities want to keep being reminded of it. I know if i had a mental disabilty i wouldnt want someone reminding me, but the new meaning of retard i know isnt there for calling mentaly disabled people. However, spaz is.
Infact this thread has really annoyed me. If you dont like the words used, then why read it? Why bother replying?

:biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke said:
What you having, Mags?

Mine's a pint of Lager and a pint of Coke, please.

Pork scratchings anyone?

Excellent. Let's turn this into a pub thread! :biggrin:

Do you have any wheat beer on tap love.....

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Yes. That's it. Exactly that. Well done. Bravo. Top marks to you. :biggrin:
Good, I'm glad you approve, you duck fucking pile of festering dog shit. I assume there's just the one of you and you don't belong to a group...

Sh4rkyBloke said:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Where are Mr Hippo, LLB and Mr Paul... we need some serious arguing in this thread!! :biggrin:

Mr Hippo and Mr Paul have been unusually quiet recently. It's LLB birthday, so I think he is having the day off! :biggrin:

Top Bottom