retired the road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't buy it.

It's very difficult to see what make/model someone is riding when passing in the other direction.

No, but you can see drops (Defy) vs flatbars (Sirrus) - I think that's where roadie snobbery comes from :smile:

i ride the road bike or mtb in no particular preference ,because i enjoy riding em , doesnt make no difference to me whether people nod or wave or SHOUT or whatever . i just enjoy riding em , simple as that^_^

malcermie

I ride a hybred because a lot of my cycling is done on cycle paths some made from shale and I hate punctures. Nearly every road bike user I come across greets me with a nod or a cheery word, in my part of Kent there seems to be no bike snobbery.
Malc

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I have a theory about slow riding. If I had to limit my bike to one speed it would be 10mph. Its such a lovely pace to ride at, takes virtually no effort and makes you just enjoy the process of riding and not just the rewards (in terms of PB and top speeds). I could literally ride forever at that pace.

Don't get me wrong, I tend to ride pretty fast and find great enjoyment from spinning along but riding slowly is an absolute joy.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
on the nodding and saying hello front. When I'm out on a Saturday i get lots of nods and shouts of "morning" and such like...its great.

But i am dressed like a rider who is out for a fun ride and so I attract these comments from riders clearly doing the same, its a safe bet for them to assume I'll reciprocate

If I dressed like I was popping to the shops I would't expect riders who are out for a fun ride to register my existence they'd probably be embarrassed in case they got a look of puzzlement from the chap out shopping.

Big boy

Only leg pulling about being a bunch of tarts (honest)
I say ride whats floating your boat at the time, i have 2 bikes one flat bar road bike and a mtb.
Both have good points, neither of them worth name dropping over, but i also notice that while im on the mtb roadies look through me.

D

Deleted member 1258

My best bike got put away when the clocks were changed, I'm on the fixed till the spring. I'll wave or say hello to other cyclists, some respond some don't, whether they do or don't doesn't matter.

redcard

Veteran
Most of the dummies I see on the roads are riding hybrids. I'd go as far to say that those riding mtbs are sub-human.

Top Bottom