Returning E biker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
Hiya all, I had forgotten all about this site that I had joined a number of years ago and found it again whilst surfing the net so hopefully will be a more regular visitor in the future. I have had a couple of heart attacks but am on the mend and have started to ride again and of course I needed to renew my battery and went out on test this morning and all is running well.

Dave

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Welcome back:welcome:
Good to hear you're on the mend and back on the bike

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
Thanks people, I wasn`t too upset, I purchased a 36V 16Amp battery from Yose, delivered from Germany in just a few days. Good quality product, well packaged with everything you need, only had to change the connectors to spade type and stick it in the bag on the rear carrier. Very good company, very fast reply to e mails. My most used bike is my first one I purchased (which is what the battery was for) A Powertrek Dynamo. To be honest it has been a superb bike for what I paid ( I think it was around 600 UK) I was told when I purchased it on another e bike site (no names ) that it was rubbish and only afterwards did the guy who launched Oxygen tell me it was the design he took over and had ridden for months with no problems. He actually moved abroad I think but sent me free of charge a brand new frame that he had in the warehouse before he cleared it out but doubt I will ever use it now.
Dave

tommaguzzi

Über Member
welcome back Old One.

i converted my old pub bike with a 250w / 36v yose power kit 2 years ago. it was the best cycling descision i ever made. it has been totally faultless and is so good that it has become my main form of transport around town and now i hardly use the car at all. it must have paid for itself in fuel and parking costs alone.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
Great, I have had two batteries on my powertrek and am waiting for my second Yose to arrive as the new yose really did show up my other battery. Great people to deal with ( I bought mine from Germany) and it was here within a few days.

videoman

Guru
I purchased a rear hub and 36v 16amp battery from Yose in Germany, delivered very quickly and converted a new Carrera Subway 2 bike which was purchased in a sale. Been using it for a few months now and very pleased with the results.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
Great, I have had two batteries on my powertrek and am waiting for my second Yose to arrive as the new yose really did show up my other battery. Great people to deal with ( I bought mine from Germany) and it was here within a few days.
My 2nd battery arrived from Germany, this one was to go down the seat tube as the original on my Powertrek Dynamo but where as the original had a lead out of the side with a kettle plug the new one still went down the seat tube but the connection was the popular two pin drop on so I had to make up a block to mount the twin pin cable to and then run the cable out of the side and connect to the original kettle plug. The battery was slightly narrower than the original so I cable tied the battery to the seat tube and used some soft rubber each side to keep it central. All seems fine but haven`t ridden the bike yet because of the weather and my hernia is playing up :angry:

I`ll try to upload a couple of images of the adapter I made up to allow the bottom connection and keep the wires clear of the controller.

Dave
DSCF7936.jpg
DSCF7937.jpg
DSCF7937.jpg
DSCF7938.jpg

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
My 2nd battery arrived from Germany, this one was to go down the seat tube as the original on my Powertrek Dynamo but where as the original had a lead out of the side with a kettle plug the new one still went down the seat tube but the connection was the popular two pin drop on so I had to make up a block to mount the twin pin cable to and then run the cable out of the side and connect to the original kettle plug. The battery was slightly narrower than the original so I cable tied the battery to the seat tube and used some soft rubber each side to keep it central. All seems fine but haven`t ridden the bike yet because of the weather and my hernia is playing up :angry:

I`ll try to upload a couple of images of the adapter I made up to allow the bottom connection and keep the wires clear of the controller.

Dave View attachment 440670 View attachment 440671 View attachment 440671 View attachment 440672
I have now charged the batteries a couple of times and gave the bike a run today, lovely batteries and I`m so glad I went for the 16amp batteries and my first impressions are that these new batteries from Yose Germany are probably the best I have used. All lights remaining on after 10 miles or so in cold conditions part pedal/part throttle. Just thought I`d share.
I have no connection with the company what so ever but credit where credit is due, good product delivered free within a few days into the UK
Dave

Top Bottom