RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Might be 😁

berty bassett

Legendary Member
the other night i lost connection on rgt due to my set up
i use my phone and apple tv , but because they have to be on the same network i had to open laptop , turn hotspot on then hotspot both devices to laptop .this means i was relying on windows for internet and the other night the laptop decided it wanted to update with no warning again
i was so close to doing a basil fawlty and giving it a damn good thrashing but instead i sought advise from sonny boy the computer guru
he said just plug phone into ethernet same as atv - so i got a ethernet to lightening cable thingy
gave it a quick try on rgt ( 30seconds up ventoux - much to the amusement of keith and randy )
faultless - so now i have put laptop in the corner facing the wall to give it time to reflect on his actions

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
the other night i lost connection on rgt due to my set up
i use my phone and apple tv , but because they have to be on the same network i had to open laptop , turn hotspot on then hotspot both devices to laptop .this means i was relying on windows for internet and the other night the laptop decided it wanted to update with no warning again
i was so close to doing a basil fawlty and giving it a damn good thrashing but instead i sought advise from sonny boy the computer guru
he said just plug phone into ethernet same as atv - so i got a ethernet to lightening cable thingy
gave it a quick try on rgt ( 30seconds up ventoux - much to the amusement of keith and randy )
faultless - so now i have put laptop in the corner facing the wall to give it time to reflect on his actions
Damn, I was counting on your occasional drop outs on Friday nights. Can't see me being the best old duffer now!

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I think @AndyMacca is our tech guru but my set up is working really well. I have an ethernet cable from the router to the windows laptop. I then create a hotspot and connect the phone to that and run rgt screen from the laptop and phone app from the phone. Bluetooth from phone to earbuds for music if racing or discord if chatting via wired headphones.Ithink the key is a solid internet connection and i don't trust wifi enough for that.

mjd1988

Guru
Racing on Friday? I think I've cured my turbo by moving to a room with less direct sunlight (garage out of commission due to asbestos issues 😔.

Top Bottom