Richmond Park (Clockwise or Anti Clockwise?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah very London centric, cycle round a park one way or the other.... whoop dee doo. There is a speed limit on there BTW.

Me, Potsy, 400bhp, and hacienda (and others) are off for a TTT through Tatton Park ??? FFS !!! - first to the cafe buys ? No speed limit up here.

Get a life !

fossyant

I was cycling around Richmond Park yesterday and ended up cycling with this guy and we were talking about what way is harder to cycle... he said clockwise hills are steeper than anti clockwise, is that true? I also done some research on other reasons for anti clockwise and it turns out cyclists do it to not have to get caught up at the roundabouts....

There are no hills in Richmond Park - come live up North. :laugh:

RedRider

Pulling through
Ah very London centric, cycle round a park one way or the other.... whoop dee doo. There is a speed limit on there BTW.

Me, Potsy, 400bhp, and hacienda (and others) are off for a TTT through Tatton Park ??? FFS !!! - first to the cafe buys ? No speed limit up here.

Get a life !
Anyone else up for the Knowsley Safari Park Challenge? 25mph avg a doddle with fangy incentives.

Reactions: gaz
OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist

Get a life !
I was just browsing and ended up in my own post through Google.. just wanted to help you out with the speed limit at Richmond park...here's a link to the 2010 amendment... http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2010/1194/made

------------------------------------------------------------
Citation, Commencement and Interpretation

1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as The Royal Parks and Other Open Spaces (Amendment) etc. Regulations 2010 and shall come into force for the purposes of regulations 1 to 4 on 6th April 2010 and for all other purposes on 1st October 2010.

(2) In these Regulations–

“parking permit” means a permit issued by or on behalf of the Secretary of State for the parking of a vehicle;

“parking place” means a place shown on a notice exhibited by or on behalf of the Secretary of State as being appointed under these Regulations as a place where a person may park a vehicle; and

“vehicle” means a mechanically propelled vehicle intended or adapted for use on a road.
I hope it helps you to understand the speed regulations of Richmond Park. You're welcome :smile:

fossyant

Holy thread resurection ?;)

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
CitI5EeN.jpg

Hmmmmm I can only seem to find the CC weekly leader board . How do you find the RP board ?

Fasta Asloth

I was just browsing and ended up in my own post through Google.. just wanted to help you out with the speed limit at Richmond park...here's a link to the 2010 amendment... http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2010/1194/made

Citation, Commencement and Interpretation

1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as The Royal Parks and Other Open Spaces (Amendment) etc. Regulations 2010 and shall come into force for the purposes of regulations 1 to 4 on 6th April 2010 and for all other purposes on 1st October 2010.

(2) In these Regulations–

“parking permit” means a permit issued by or on behalf of the Secretary of State for the parking of a vehicle;

“parking place” means a place shown on a notice exhibited by or on behalf of the Secretary of State as being appointed under these Regulations as a place where a person may park a vehicle; and

“vehicle” means a mechanically propelled vehicle intended or adapted for use on a road.
I hope it helps you to understand the speed regulations of Richmond Park. You're welcome :smile:
Someone should inform this boy that the police and magistrates know nowt about the (bye)laws.... http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.co.uk/news/10682089._/

Fasta Asloth

That boy pleaded guilty straight away as he wasn't aware of the 2010 amendment. Show me a link where it states cyclists are not exempt.. And not some silly cycling sign, I want it written as a law or bye law.

boy
Guess the only way is to find out......Cycle as fast as you can past the police in the park, if they pull you over and wish to proceed with penalising you, take it to court and let us know how you get on.....

Top Bottom