Ride London 46

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
For those that find 46 miles too much there is now a 19 mile alternative. Details are on the Ride London website. Ballot closes 4 July.

Reactions: mjr

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'm thinking that the organisers are having a bit of trouble filling the places. My son and a friend of mine now have places on the second ballot. I didn't know there was a second ballot. Maybe some people are not prepared to pay the £46 entry fee in the first place so there are spaces to be filled.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I'm thinking that the organisers are having a bit of trouble filling the places. My son and a friend of mine now have places on the second ballot. I didn't know there was a second ballot. Maybe some people are not prepared to pay the £46 entry fee in the first place so there are spaces to be filled.

I chose not to take my place for £46 I think it’s a bit pricey. Have to say I entered the ballot not reading the cost. I let the payment date come and go but have since had 2 e-mails asking if I’m sure I don’t want the place,and that they’ve extended the payment deadline etc. Must be struggling this year.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Indeed, I think the £46 entry fee is a bit steep, it's £69 for the 100. I have noticed that the Pru ride is getting a tad too commercial, what with "partners" and the such like. They may have to have a re-think if there is a downturn in entrants willing to stump up the money.

vickster

Legendary Member
We've got a start time of 9.44...and have to be at Hampton Court by 11.40 :ohmy: going to be a fast start!

gizmo1994

We've got a start time of 9.44...and have to be at Hampton Court by 11.40 :ohmy: going to be a fast start!

I'm not sure you need to be a Hampton Court so fast. I think the 46 follows the Hampton Court route by-pass anyway.

Unless you are planning to craftily skip the bypass and launch into the full 100 at that point.

I'm not sure you need to be a Hampton Court so fast. I think the 46 follows the Hampton Court route by-pass anyway.
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think there is a Hampton Court by-pass,
Screenshot_20180710-085747_1.png

vickster

Legendary Member
34580643-DCF8-4B70-B258-57B3C9F32FA9.png

Unless you are planning to craftily skip the bypass and launch into the full 100 at that point.
Apparently it is the case according to the FAQs.

Nope did the 100 in 2015. No way could do it again now

Last edited:

Simontm

Veteran
Lo, :hello:Long time and all that.

Forgot to enter the 100 this year and missed the deadline so entered the 46 ballot and got an email a couple of weeks ago saying I got in in a second ballot (which I didn’t know they had).
So a genteel 9:36 start, Blue wave G. I’ll grab a train up and cycle over from Waterloo. Much less palaver than previous 100s!

Simontm

Veteran
View attachment 418691
Apparently it is the case according to the FAQs.

Nope did the 100 in 2015. No way could do it again now
Hey Vicks:hello:
@gizmo1994 The 46 follows the same route as the 100 until south side of Hampton Court bridge where the 100 turns right to head to Walton. The 46 heads straight down the Hampton Court Way to the Scilly Isles where it turns left onto the Portsmouth Road and back on the 100 route to the Mall.

If people don’t know the area, there’s a Co-op at Weston Green (a mile from Hampton Court) if you fancy some food halfway round.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi
Not overjoyed at the weather forecast but going to give it a go despite a throat and ear infection for the last couple of weeks. Steely resolution (esp for my ride buddy who hates riding in wind) and pain meds needed :smile: At least it’s not so hot!!

We’re staying at Excel. With Sunday trains and SWR strike didn’t want to chance it (No bikes allowed on SWR today, check for tomorrow)

Simontm

Veteran
Hi
Not overjoyed at the weather forecast but going to give it a go despite a throat and ear infection for the last couple of weeks. Steely resolution (esp for my ride buddy who hates riding in wind) and pain meds needed :smile: At least it’s not so hot!!

We’re staying at Excel. With Sunday trains and SWR strike didn’t want to chance it (No bikes allowed on SWR today, check for tomorrow)

Yeah the forecast change from Thursday is annoying.
Worst comes to worse I’ll cycle up. Have enough time as I’ll leave at 7 to cater for any complications.

Top Bottom