Ride London Accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleaver

Veteran
On the RideLondon Facebook page, the person who crashed on the A25 has posted a picture of themselves on the Visitor Posts section along with an apology for holding people up. He doesn't look good but as we know, it could have been worse.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
On the RideLondon Facebook page, the person who crashed on the A25 has posted a picture of themselves on the Visitor Posts section along with an apology for holding people up. He doesn't look good but as we know, it could have been worse.
I think that's the Wotton one. I've added a link to it from the summary on page 5. I now wonder if that's the same one @User482 reported?

sleaver

Veteran
I think that's the Wotton one.
It is I think. I just looked at Google Maps and its the descent just after the pub on the right. I knew it was the A25, just didn't know the area around there had a name or what it was.

Reactions: mjr
U

User482

I'm pretty sure that's the man I saw. I'm relieved that he's on the mend, as I feared the worst when I saw him lying on the road.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Holy crap! That's not for the faint hearted.

Your not wrong wow that's pretty mean :ohmy:

Saw somebody I know down in Richmond Park and fortunately when we stopped he was mostly OK just messed up and just required a bit of stitching. I got stuck behind the major one before Leith, hope there OK too. I missed the second major one at the otherside of Leith, I'm guessing that's the bloke in the FB link, I hope he's already on the mend. I also passed a bloke near the end in central London fortunately he was sitting up and in the hands of a paramedic but he looked a mess too :sad:

sleaver

Veteran
I ad-block-plus the hell out of facebook, and never visit organisational pages, so don't have the facebook-fu to find it.
That's fair enough :smile: Hopefully the link posted after my post was helpful.

I'm not sure where it was other than passed Leatherhead (I think) or if it's one that has been mentioned, but there was someone on the ground on the left hand side of the road with a Marshall and another rider moving people to the right. The emergency services hadn't got there yet but there was a woman laying on the ground with him keeping his neck still.

I mentioned it briefly on the other thread, but after I passed the ambulance on Kingston Bridge, a saw a minor collision. An official motorcycle, presumably clearing the way for the ambulance, turned across a rider (the riders had not been directed to stop) and clipped her wheel. She came down, but I was happy to see her shouting at the motorcycle, so she was ok :smile:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I also passed a bloke near the end in central London fortunately he was sitting up and in the hands of a paramedic but he looked a mess too :sad:
Take some comfort from the fact that I think we now know which were the three serious ones (Pyrford, Wotton and Walton) so anything else you saw must have been slight and looked worse than it was.

Top Bottom