RideLondon-Essex 100 (2022) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Get the C2C train to Fenchurch St.
Then Coopers Row-Tower Hill-Byward St-Gt Tower St-Eastcheap-Cannon St-Ludgate Hill(If it's Open?)-Fleet St-Do The Strand🎶.
My Alternative plan was that if i got an early start and there wouldn't be any trains running was cab to River Road,Barking where the CS3 starts and then cycle to the start but now the organisers are saying you can start later than your official time if you want.

You'll have to excuse this hick from the country. What is the c2c train? What is the CS3?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Welcome to London. I'll be starting from half a mile further North East.

I like the look of your route. Particularly once you go past St Pauls, down Fleet Street and then the Strand. Trafalgar Square and through Admiralty Arch and a sight of Buck House, end of Downing St. and maybe a Flamingo in St James Park. What's not to enjoy? Doubt there will be any traffic.

Feel free to IM if you have any other questions.

PS Pellucci is the Classic East End place for breakfast day after. or Look Mum No Hands. Old Street for Cyclists.

If you need a bike shop day before. Condor in Gray's Inn Road is nearish and well stocked.

Pellucci is where went in 2018. We just walked down the road till we saw something interesting. It was brilliant!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You'll have to excuse this hick from the country. What is the c2c train? What is the CS3?
C2c is like Merseyrail but for east London. Used to be London -Tilbury -Southend.

CS3 is Cycle Superhighway 3, a bike route marked on the tarmac and in purple on signs. It runs from out east beyond Excel to Paddington, last I knew.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Speak of the devil, mine just arrived.
Your wave letter: N
Your arrival time window: 08:00 - 08:15
Your start time window: 08:40 - 08:55

Good news is that I get a lie-in. Should only take me half an hour or so to ride in to Westminster.
Bad news, this is going to be the last wave. Last riders off at 09:10 which is when I guess the cut-off time starts ticking. For someone who might be up against it regarding the cut off time, that's not great news.

I guess if I get there early and get off near the start of the window that will give me 9 hours. That's how long my regular 100 milers take me. Given that I won't be having a sit-down lunch, won't be getting lost, stopping for photos, stopping puzzling over the map, won't be stuck in traffic, and it's really flat then hopefully this will be quicker than usual.

The "Event Guide" is a link: https://www.ridelondon.co.uk/our-rides/ridelondon-essex-100#event-guide

Last edited:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Your wave letter: M
Your arrival time window: 07:45 - 08:00
Your start time window: 08:25 - 08:40

Yep a nice lie in and hopefully time to get home, shower and then the right time of day to slate that hunger and thirst!

Good luck everyone.

Oooh, just come through now:

Your wave letter: F
Your arrival time window: 06:15 - 06:30
Your start time window: 06:55 - 07:10

Mrs Spesh is doing the shorter ride like she used to do the 46 - I wonder if she'll choose to doze in the van or hang around at the start (I know which I'd choose!)^_^

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Thought I'd been forgotten but the email finally arrived after I'd packed up work for the day.
Chuffed to have a circa 7am start (wave F).

I'd feared wave Z, after getting such a slow time in 2016.

Cool. Good luck to all!

Top Bottom