RideLondon-Essex 100 (2022) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
RL Clarification. The safety car won't go at 22mph but at "a pace determined by the conditions and what is happening on the road"

How dull. Have to find something else to bitch about.
View attachment 645049
I think there's more chance of seeing a pig fly than me seeing the event safety car:laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The road.cc Podcast: Episode 22: What's going on with RideLondon? Sportive safety in focus after silence from police + organisers. https://theroadccpodcast.buzzsprout.com

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Some people are really scraping the bottom of barrel of "things to actually give a hoot about"

Waaah boo hoo. Someone else might record a faster time than me, having spent longer than me at one of the feed stations. It's not fair.

https://road.cc/content/news/ridelondon-times-will-be-paused-feed-stations-292889

The much-criticised RideLondon event guide is back under scrutiny today after entrants noticed their official ride time will seemingly be paused during breaks at feed stops. It raises questions about 'moving time' vs total time, and whether riders can claim to have completed the event in a time minus how long they have spent at feed stations.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Some people are really scraping the bottom of barrel of "things to actually give a hoot about"

Waaah boo hoo. Someone else might record a faster time than me, having spent longer than me at one of the feed stations. It's not fair.

https://road.cc/content/news/ridelondon-times-will-be-paused-feed-stations-292889

The much-criticised RideLondon event guide is back under scrutiny today after entrants noticed their official ride time will seemingly be paused during breaks at feed stops. It raises questions about 'moving time' vs total time, and whether riders can claim to have completed the event in a time minus how long they have spent at feed stations.

Surely that's the default timing mode of strata?

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Have to say I find this all very amusing. Every ride I go on my Wahoo gives me all the info I need. I really couldn't care less what the RL timing says.

I don't cheat myself and people I ride with know I don't cheat. What else matters?

mustang1

Legendary Member
10 days to go and I'm getting rather excited.

I see many roads will be closed but will they be open for us cyclists to get to the stsrt point? I cannot seem to find any info about that, only that the roads are closed.

mustang1

Legendary Member
The burning question is, do I take the rack off my bike, in a feeble attempt to look sporty and reduce weight? And if I did that, should I go the whole hog and remove my mudguards? (The answer to this latter question is NO! I hate faffing around with mudguards)

I'll probably leave the rack - if I took it off then some important bolts and stuff would inevitably have disappeared when I came to refit it - but I'll swap out my rack pack for a wedge bag and take less in the way of tools and emergency stuff. As it's mainly flat, a bit of extra weight isn't going to make any difference.

I'll take some food, as the advertised "energy gels, bars and hydration tabs" don't grab me and the BBQ doesn't come until late in the ride. But not my usual huge stash of sandwiches, pork pies and malt loaf.

Decisions, decisions.

Yeah I'm keeping the mudguards and rack on too. I never fiddle with racks and mudguards!

Top Bottom