RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Woo22

I think my round trip to Excel took longer than the bike ride itself.

All the charities seem to have bumped up their minimum targets so I'm really hoping I get in through the ballot. Maybe they are being charged more this year?

sleaver

Veteran
Premier Inn booked for me as well but they put it up by £1 while I was doing it. It will be a struggle, but I reckon I can manage that extra pound :smile: I didn't realise you could pay on arrival though so that's a bonus.

Also booked one in Manchester for the Track World Cup.

Just thinking, damaging my IIliotibial Band through running has cost me an absolute fortune because that's why I got my bike.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I think my round trip to Excel took longer than the bike ride itself.

All the charities seem to have bumped up their minimum targets so I'm really hoping I get in through the ballot. Maybe they are being charged more this year?

They probably just realise there was more people wanting to ride than places available, what sort of targets are they setting for the 2014 race? I wont be doing it for charity next time, so its the ballot or bust for me, hopefully will get luckier on the ballot this time round.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Memories of Leith Hill!

Nice lady on left at 6mins 58secs, that's where I got up to before I touched the wheel of a fella in front who just stopped. Nearly came off the bike, so pulled up next to the lady and ate a banana. She even took the skin away from me to chuck in bin. If shes there next year, give her a wave!

Woo22

So far I've found Clic Sargent for £700 and BHF for £600. Think this will be about the standard amount although I would much rather raise money for a charity that I have some affinity with.

Scope are still a very achievable £450.

For me, same as others, it's ballot or bust. No way I can rise more next year for the same event - people will want me upping my game. :tongue:

Quick note for anyone 'thinking about it', there were 24k ballot entries by 12midday, can see this hitting the 80k closing figure perhaps before the week is out.

Stedman

I'm in the ballot. Gone for a 4:40 - 4:49 time, as I have already managed a 4:44 time this year. My charity has already had more enquiries than their allocated places.​

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
How many places will be available? I don't think to many will have much luck :sad:

Its 26,000 - charity places - those deferred from 2013. Odds are stacked against everyone in the ballot, but some have to get the places!

Most people in the thread wont get through the ballot, I'm expecting another failure just like I had last January, but will wait and see. I hope many do get successful. For those that didn't do it last year, I would definitely recommend getting a charity place if the ballot isn't successful, helping others while you help yourself!

Seeing as they ask if you entered RideLondon this year, do you think this will help or hinder those applying who did do it this year? There must be a reason they ask.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Seeing as they ask if you entered RideLondon this year, do you think this will help or hinder those applying who did do it this year? There must be a reason they ask.

Don't know. I ain't gonna worry about it, as far as I can tell there is nothing you can do to influence the ballot. What will be will be. All will be revealed in Feb.

Top Bottom